Post your COVID acquisitions NGD!

QuickDraw

I thought it might be interesting to see what people are picking up in these weird times. It's been a while since I've made any gear purchases, but when covid hit i bought a few things.
A pedal, the DOD rubbernecker,
an amp, Ceriatone OTS mini (love this amp, I'm surprised there's not a ton of hype on this amp)
and 2 guitars:

Red Label Yamaha FG-300, I've always wanted an old Yamaha acoustic since before I played guitar. A friend had an old Yamaha dred that I really wanted one like his, when i started playing guitar I was quickly sidetracked. this one was pretty beat up and i probably overpaid, but i like it.

Fender Classic Player '50s telecaster Lacquer. I used to have a AVRI 1952 tele that was my #1 for years and i haven't had a tele in many years now, and it was time to get another. I have a matching custom shop pro junior that is finished in the same see through blonde nitro, this set will be in our living room.

Last edited:
I thought it might be interesting to see what people are picking up in these weird times. It's been a while since I've made any gear purchases, but when covid hit i bought a few things.
A pedal, the DOD rubbernecker,
an amp, Ceriatone OTS mini (love this amp, I'm surprised there's not a tone of hype on this amp)
and 2 guitars:

Red Label Yamaha FG-300, I've always wanted an old Yamaha acoustic since before I played guitar. A friend had an old Yamaha dred that I really wanted one like his, when i started playing guitar I was quickly sidetracked. this one was pretty beat up and i probably overpaid, but i like it.

Fender Classic Player '50s telecaster Lacquer. I used to have a AVRI 1952 tele that was my #1 for years and i haven't had a tele in many years now, and it was time to get another. I have a matching custom shop pro junior that is finished in the same see through blonde nitro, this set will be in our living room.
Just the one NGD for me during the lockdown, but it's by far one of the most impressive guitars I've ever come across. Company is Overload Custom Guitars, out of Rome, Italy.

This is their Rea 6 model, features include a one piece black limba body with a buckeye burl top, wenge/padauk neck, ebony fretboard with abalone dots, Gotoh locking tuners, and Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Aftermath pickups with their special onboard preamp.

A Rea 6 spec'd like this one runs about $3K from the company, picked this one up used for under $900. Hell of a score!

FloyDZeD

I've only purchased one guitar, an American Original 50s Tele, and it's on a UPS truck as I type. It was supposed to be here four hours ago but UPS never delivers in the time frame they quote me.

EDIT: Arrived a good two and half hours after posting. I love her. 6.8 pounds, fat neck, just a fantastic guitar. Obviously I'm in the honeymoon phase but it feels like a keeper! Hopefully I can get a picture to show up...

Last edited:

makeitstop

I built a Thinline back in April...

And this one just came in on Saturday.

Until now, I've never owned a Thinline, now I've got two. I guess 2020 is the Year of the Thinline.

I also put a crapton of money into my demo studio, buying an Alesis drum pad for programming and a bunch of new plugins.

Last edited:

IanRubbish

Dave's Guitars 62 AVRI and a J-Custom

Not new, but the green one is a recent Pat Wilkins Refinish he did about a month ago. The yellow one is a long time companion.

Japanese Broadkaster I got in a trade.

Got this new Waggi board with a Cioks DC7. The MXR Chorus, Mythical Overdrive, Ultrphonix, Overrated, Phase 90, Blood Noise and Delayrean are all things I've gotten since April. Not shown is a Strymon El Capistan I also recently acquired.

Also this Mark V and Lonestar 1x12 with an Alnico Cream are Covid time scores.

I think I should chill out now.

Robert Libutti

Supporting Member
I sold a fair amount of stuff as well, but the new items: Orange PPC212OB, Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170, PreSonus Faderport 8, Boss Angry Driver, DOD Rubberneck, Digitech Freq Out, BYOC Mouse in the mail, new laptop, Helix Native, some EZ Drummer add-ins.

Trending Topics