• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Post your COVID acquisitions NGD!

Terrarich

Silver Supporting Member
This pandemic ruined my 50th birthday vacation, so I’ve been treating myself to new gear.

I sold my Mesa setup and got a new Suhr PT 15 head and 2x12.

Sold my Charvels and am settling on a couple of Suhrs.

Been trying out a few Knaggs to see which to keep.

Been having fun playing with stuff.

I bought a new Roland Jazz Chorus 40 right before the first “lockdowns”.....I’m loving the amp more and more. Sounds fantastic at all volumes to me.

Also just recently grabbed a Boss SY-1.

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
I thought it might be interesting to see what people are picking up in these weird times. It's been a while since I've made any gear purchases, but when covid hit i bought a few things.
A pedal, the DOD rubbernecker,
an amp, Ceriatone OTS mini (love this amp, I'm surprised there's not a ton of hype on this amp)
and 2 guitars:

Red Label Yamaha FG-300, I've always wanted an old Yamaha acoustic since before I played guitar. A friend had an old Yamaha dred that I really wanted one like his, when i started playing guitar I was quickly sidetracked. this one was pretty beat up and i probably overpaid, but i like it.

Fender Classic Player '50s telecaster Lacquer. I used to have a AVRI 1952 tele that was my #1 for years and i haven't had a tele in many years now, and it was time to get another. I have a matching custom shop pro junior that is finished in the same see through blonde nitro, this set will be in our living room.
That's nice Yamaha. How does it sound?

QuickDraw

I think my favorite gadget this quarantine has been the aeros looper from singulr sound, it keeps me busy for hours and is a really cool new way to loop for me. I love the screen and the quality of sound!

Here's the video that got me hooked since I can't figure out for the life of me how to post a picture :crazyguy
that looks really cool, can you send different tracks to different outputs? I've been using the digitech trio+ and SDRUM for a while now and I couldn't go back to practicing without them at this point.

that looks really cool, can you send different tracks to different outputs? I've been using the digitech trio+ and SDRUM for a while now and I couldn't go back to practicing without them at this point.
Not something it can do, but the guys from singular sound have their forum and they said there they are looking into routing expansions. I usually don't use more than stereo so it works for me. One thing I've found works great is running my mixer into it and using the Aeros as a separate recording device that i send back into the mixer, the sound replication is insane!

mister_finch

I bought a B-stock Eastwood Hi-Flyer Bass a couple of weeks ago. I'll let you know if they ever ship it out... the waiting is killing me!

I cheated and just scrolled through my Reverb purchases since March...

How is the Rivolta Baritone? I was looking at one the other day and almost purchased it. They seem like Reverend and Eastman guitars in that I don't ever see anything negative.

It's awesome. My first Baritone, and the only non-U.S. guitar I own. It looks stunning and I was amazed at how well it was set up. The P90 and Humbucker in the bridge are pretty good too, and the out-of-phase split options give it a lot of range of tones. Out of all my recent guitar purchases, my friends are all most impressed by that one (if that says anything).

USMarine75

Hot dang!
No, it actually shocked me and I think I need to apologize to the wife lol.

(I skipped a couple of cheap old AMT pedals too that I bought to complete the collection because I figured nobody would know or care about those lol)

It's awesome. My first Baritone, and the only non-U.S. guitar I own. It looks stunning and I was amazed at how well it was set up. The P90 and Humbucker in the bridge are pretty good too, and the out-of-phase split options give it a lot of range of tones. Out of all my recent guitar purchases, my friends are all most impressed by that one (if that says anything).
Yeah I was sold on the Reverend Eastsider Baritone (or the much cheaper new Squier) but now I might go that direction instead. Definitely post a vid if you get the chance.

clmazza

Gold Supporting Member
I cheated and just scrolled through my Reverb purchases since March...

How is the Rivolta Baritone? I was looking at one the other day and almost purchased it. They seem like Reverend and Eastman guitars in that I don't ever see anything negative.
The bonsai is killer, right! Love mine.... I have one of the first

No, it actually shocked me and I think I need to apologize to the wife lol.

(I skipped a couple of cheap old AMT pedals too that I bought to complete the collection because I figured nobody would know or care about those lol)

Yeah I was sold on the Reverend Eastsider Baritone (or the much cheaper new Squier) but now I might go that direction instead. Definitely post a vid if you get the chance.
Yeah, I wanted an Eastsider Baritone myself, and was looking to get a used one for a long time. I almost bought one from wildwood a few months ago. I think the Rivolta is a slightly shorter scale length, which in my mind made my think it would be easier transition to a baritone. I think what convinced me is RJ Ronquillo's demo and the fact that I love my new Novo.

Trending Topics