Post Your Eric Johnson/Joe Bonamassa Inspired Licks

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by skisquash, May 28, 2015.

1. skisquash

skisquash Member

Here are a couple of runs to kick off the thread and hopefully help some out. Look forward to sharing.

This run is close to what JB does:
    ------------------------12--15--14------14----12----------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------12---15------------------15--------------15----12-------15---12------------------------------------
    12---14------------------------------------------------------------14--------------14----12-------14----12------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------14-------------12-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another run with a basic framework to get the gist of the 5 pattern. There are many many options within it to make it your own.

7-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---10---7-----------10---7-------------7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------9---7-----------9---7---------9---7---------9---7------------7---------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------9--------------9---7--------9---7---------9---7-----------9---7--------------7-----------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------9-------------9---7-----------9---7----------9---7---------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10-------------10--7--

2. kirk95

kirk95 Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues Silver Supporting Member

How are you picking these?

3. skisquash

skisquash Member

Add your faves... Open to see where it goes.

4. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Supporting Member

Interested in learning more about this 5 pattern...

5. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

This is a very nice Bonamossa trademark lick. It's all triplets that I grouped for easier computer tab reading. It's two bars long.

** the 7(9) has just one quarter note value (1/3 of a triplet.
    The 5-(6) is the last note of the 3rd beats triplet bending into a regular quarter note on the 4th beat.

Other than that play it around 170 - 180bpm to get the JB effect.

---------------------------------------------------l--5---------5------------------------
    -8-5-------8-5-----------------------------5--l-----8-5------8-5-------5---------
    -------7----------7-----5-7-------5-7(9)----l-------------------------7----5---(6)
    --------------------------------7-----------------l---------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------l---------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------l---------------------------------------

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  6. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

Hi, All I have is my phone and your "strings" in the tab are too long and are wrapping around to make two lines for each string making it look like you have 12 strings and impossible to read. Could you take half the lick and start it on a new line so it won't wrap.
    Hope that's not too confusing. Thanks :)

7. handtrix

handtrix Member

Electromagnetic's

E l-12-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B l-----15-12-----15-12------------------------------------------------------------------
    G l-------------14--------14-12----14-12------------------------------------------------
    D l-------------------------------14--------14-12----14-12--------------------------14-
    A l-------------------------------------------------14--------14-12----14-12------------
    E l-------------------------------------------------------------------15--------15-12-----

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  8. skisquash

skisquash Member

We should try using [*code] before the tab and [*/code] at the end (remove asterisk). This may help if your using a phone. It allows left-right scrolling.

9. StevenA

StevenA Member

I have no idea what you fellas have written

10. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

Yea, I hear you, can you read mine?

11. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

This was when I was pretending I was JB, doing EJ, warm up wankin'
    My parts strat thru a cheap, little Fender. no effects or driv

Last edited: May 31, 2015