Post your first guitar!

nsriley

Mine was a MIM Stratocaster, back in '96. I still have it and still play it. Been modded with goodies since then. But I still love it.

-Peace
-Nate

trisonic

Mine was a Burns "Sonic" Model. Two Trisonic pickups wired in series. Dated from '61 - '63 bought it in Romford, England for £19.00. I know who owns it, still. Still being gigged around Pubs in Essex, England.

Cannot find one picture of this model which was rare for Burns in that it had a set neck rather than a bolt on.

Best, Pete.

TS808

That was so long ago I don't think cameras were invented yet.

Seriously, my first guitar was a Harmony acoustic bought in 1969. I think my parents paid $25 or something freakishly cheap for it. It was the type that had the wooden bridge that you could slide up and down.

My first electric was a Kingston that my mother's uncle had given to me. He was dying from cancer at the time and he knew I played, so he gave it to me. Getting the first electric was really what got me interested in playing even more.

The first electric that I bought for myself was a 1983 Fender strat. It was unusual...one tone knob and one volume. Where the second tone knob should have been was the input jack. It was also a hardtail in 3 tone sunburst. Actually a decent guitar for $300 at the time. I bought a Fender Studio Lead amp to go with it.

bbarnard

Silvertone Amp in the case guitar and amp. Danelectro pickups. Eight inch speaker.

Probably cost $100 or less when I got it. Now the guitars alone at shows go for around $300 or more.

Mike Duncan

Staff member
'87 MIJ Squier Stratocaster in Dakota Red. It's currently waiting for me to refinish and reassemble it.

Dave Orban

Here's one that's identical to my first acoustic, from '65. It had been my brother's, and had a neck like a railroad tie. LOL!

Here's what my first electric looked like, from back in early '67; this neck had slimmed-down to Louisville Slugger standards:

DonW

Velocity Town Angel
Double Platinum Member
No pic. My first in 1965 was an acoustic, don't remember the brand. My first electric was a Silvertone Tobaccoburst Strat style with a 9volt amp built in. The speaker was below the volume/tone controls. It really rocked, unfortunately at the time, I didn't.:BOUNCE

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
I still own and play my first electric guitar, this '67 Hagstrom Viking I that my dad bought me used in '69.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
Phil M said:
Coolest picture I've ever seen here.
Agree, just check out that 1950's kitchen! Really takes me back.

Need to take a better photo.

1970 Xmas present '62 SG special bought used for $200.

Took out P-90's put in Gibson hummers (dunno what model)

Changed tuning gears to Grovers

Added Baddass tune-o-matic bridge.

Still have it. :)

glaswerks

Unfortunately no pictures. But it was a 4 pickup Audition that my parents bought for me around 1965. Also got a wiz band CROWN guitar amp. Yeah baby, it just doesn't get any better.

Second guitar was an Airline (Harmony) 335 look-a-like with bolt on neck.

Gary

Crumblebum

My first guitar was/is a REX Archtop bought by my parents for my 15th birthday in 1958. I actually wanted to learn trumpet but when I saw that guitar hanging on the shop wall.................................they paid £21 for it, a whole week's wages for my Dad back then. I still have it and I found out last week that it's exactly the same as Paul McCartney's first guitar that is about to be auctioned in UK, estimated value £100K - £150K!!

http://www.pbase.com/crumblebum/rex58

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002071.html

Ian Anderson

I am embarassed,but I know you guys will keep this to yourselves. I was 14. <1984> I saved my pennies and birthday money for 6 months to buy a guitar. I wanted a Strat shaped Kramer Striker with a floyd. I called the shop and they said they had one. When I got there a few days later they didn't. This was the only guitar they had with a floyd for $200!

I built a new body for it in wood shop and the rest is history.

Not the exact one but similar.

gkoelling

Dave Orban said:
Here's one that's identical to my first acoustic, from '65. It had been my brother's, and had a neck like a railroad tie. LOL!

Here's what my first electric looked like, from back in early '67; this neck had slimmed-down to Louisville Slugger standards:
Now I know where your love of hollow bodies comes from.

Cool stuff, Dave!

Hello,

I am considering buying a corvette, but I don't know anything about them, are they reliable? I just looked at one but they're not sure what year it was. it seems old, and they wanted $ 599 for it, I guess what I'm asking is , are they junk or not?

Thanks

Alvis

Hello,

I am considering buying a corvette, but I don't know anything about them, are they reliable? I just looked at one but they're not sure what year it was. it seems old, and they wanted $ 599 for it, I guess what I'm asking is , are they junk or not?
Thanks
I just got done workin on one .Comparable to a 60s SG Special,feel-wise, IMO.Great for Beatles and 60s garage band stuff.If it were mine ,I might like to try some TV Jones with a little more juice.The greatest lead guitar tone I ever heard ,Robert Nighthawk's Murder Blues Live From Maxwell St. I think he was using a Corvette through a Sears amp

Trending Topics