• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Post your first pedal build!

TheLemon

I just finished up my first build tonight so I thought it'd be cool if everyone posted theirs/experience/tips.

Here it is- a LPB-1 workalike with some different part values, mainly bigger coupling caps.
I'm not going to lie, it didn't work on the first try but after a break I realized what was wrong and had it going!
Although its not pretty to look at (the enclosure is an old paint stripped MXR one that was repainted black then chipped)
it sounds like a big fat boost that has a ton of volume. I shouldn't be too proud of this but I feel really happy about it; PTP baby!
Can't wait to build my next one...maybe a SHO on a perf?
Anyways...Pics

JLee

Gold Supporting Member
Still working out the kinks. Found a cold solder joint...hopefully it will work after I've fixed that.

Deaj

This was my first 'from scratch' build:

It's a modified EA Tremolo circuit (external gain control, trem effect completely off with depth control set full CCW allowing pedal to be used as a clean boost, LED pulses at tremolo rate). There wasn't much consideration for lead dress or asthetics (board eedges, etc) but it sounds fantastic, it's a solid build, it's quiet, and it's seen regular use on my board since 2007 with no issues.

TheLemon

Very cool guys, this stuff is addicting. That tremolo sounds unique that you can use it as a clean boost as well, very useful.

What build is that Abbe?

iggs

Don't have the gut shot but here's a BYOC Large Beaver I built for a friend:

cj_wattage

My first was a Dist+ knock-off. Can't find a photo of it. But here is one I did recently for a friend:

Briggs

Can't say. I'll get banned. :MMM

Thanks! Just a little acid etching with painter's tape as a mask. Works like a charm.
:mob I like that technique. I've never got into etching much, I've done it before but went off it. I might have to try and make a return to it and see what I can dissolve...

B_of_H

my first pedal was an overdrive from byoc. i've built probably 40 different designs since then and i use mostly perf and vero now.

it's a lot of fun when it works....really annoying when it doesn't.

TheLemon

It's a Tone Bender MKI. Can't get the wiring straight. Going to have to shelve it for a while before I end up just throwing it in the trash!
Sounds cool. If you send it to me, I'll do the best I can to fix it! I love these kind of projects. :cool:

mobis8

Here is mine... but pretty ugly on the inside... but hey, it was my first attempt (first attempt at soldering actually - and it worked ha-ha)

It is a GGG red llama - which I called the Dalai Llama (note the eyes under the light lol).

And the inside (ugly I know)

TheLemon

Cool build george! Never heard of that circuit before, is it a dirt? Oh and also where did you get that LED bezel?

I like the paint scheme mobis.

This wasn't my "first" build, but it was the first build I did from scratch without a guide (even though I still used a layout)

Tonebender MKII, positive ground, original layout:

GeorgeSunset

Cool build george! Never heard of that circuit before, is it a dirt? Oh and also where did you get that LED bezel?

I like the paint scheme mobis.

Yep, it´s dirt (try to google them). and it is a pretty nice one too ("based on the super lead"... like i care as long as it sounds good). i like it a lot - but i has to go :bkw - it´s going to be a birthdaypresent for my kid brother (metal player). oh well... i can always build a new one :rotflmao

Trending Topics