• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Post your Gretsch

skunx

I just got this G5655TG a couple months ago and am in love with this gal. Put TV Jones Hilotrons and a banjo arm rest on it. Fighting the itch to buy a 53 reissue Duo Jet, so I’d love to see what all you other Gretsch fans are playing. Honestly I’m a little obsessed with the brand right now!
60CC50AC-94F9-4FF8-8218-03A387683DB4.jpeg

skunx

HomeInMyShoes

That color is outta sight.

Yeah, I'm a total sucker for surf green and while this isn't quite that, it is close. Apparently limited to certain vendors for this model, but it does appear on other models.

@Guitars In Paradise : as far as weight goes, My G5230T is about 8.5lbs. They are basically a semi-hollow with no f-holes. It is almost exactly the same weight as a 1998 Les Paul DC I have (also chambered). It is a thicker guitar and sits different, but I like it.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Here's mine, a bamboo yellow Rally from 1967. The extra switch is the world's worst treble boost circuit which sounds like you've turned on a hair dryer when engaged, and it steers like a tank, but it's such a cool guitar. I use it mainly for Lou Reed style chaotic noise stuff.

skunx

Here's mine, a bamboo yellow Rally from 1967. The extra switch is the world's worst treble boost circuit which sounds like you've turned on a hair dryer when engaged, and it steers like a tank, but it's such a cool guitar. I use it mainly for Lou Reed style chaotic noise stuff.

She looks like a ton of fun and with OG Hilotrons to boot! What do you think of the pickups? I originally wanted Dynas but found these and am really enjoying them. They actually sound really cool with gain because they are so low output and clear sounding. Still working on getting them balanced for middle position tones

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
She looks like a ton of fun and with OG Hilotrons to boot! What do you think of the pickups? I originally wanted Dynas but found these and am really enjoying them. They actually sound really cool with gain because they are so low output and clear sounding. Still working on getting them balanced for middle position tones

I love hilotrons. They have a shaky reputation but they're just low output, the actual sound is really nice and falls somewhere between a filtertron-esque Gretsch sound and something like a gold foil or lipstick. With modern amps and boost pedals you can do a lot with them that you maybe couldn't when they were new.

My favourite vintage Gretsch model in terms of consistently liking them is the Tennessean - the Rally's probably not as good as a handful of early 60s Tennies I've had my hands on but it's such a cool thing to own, I can't quite bring myself to chop it in for a Tennie.

Julio Iguana

1636167417129.jpeg
1636167417129.jpeg

Got this 5655T a few months back and it’s the most enjoyable guitar I’ve had in a long time. Jr size w/24.6” scale. Every time I play it I can’t believe how great it plays and the Bigsby is smooth and always returns to tune.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom