• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Post Your Home Stereo Rig Here

Guitarnotsoguru

Ultimate Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Why are the KEFs on the floor?
Do you switch them out occasionally with the Focals?
Which of the 3 speakers do you like the best?

I don't see any sub and I'd assume that the MLs have the best bass but a$$uming has gotten me in trouble plenty of times.
You are 100% correct. I switch out the Focals and the KEFs on occasion.

Nope, you're right again. The MLs do have some very nice low end extension and don't need a sub and surprisingly the Focals have a very nice bass response as well and the KEFs come in third with respect to bass.

With regard to what I'm listening to, I will play one of the monitors or the floorstanders. But I really can't see myself getting rid of any of the 3 because I like them all for different reasons.

waltkh5

Nice 355! I have one that looks about like that :>

I'm curious to know about your speakers there. Does the top driver also do highs/mids and/or tweeter in the center?
Thanks
Thanks, and I apologize for missing your response. The speakers are a set of Infinity Reference 2000.6’s I purchased new in the late 90’s finished in cherry wood. I confess my ignorance on the specs, it is ported w/ 2 6.5in woofers, and 1in tweeter.

TJNies

I decided to simplify my system big time. I'd had a TV, 4k DVD player, CD changer, home theater amp, 5.1 system with Velodyne sub and Cambridge Audio separates and center, Parasound in-ceiling surrounds, using the B speaker outputs for my porch speakers, all run through a Harmony Elite remote.
Too darn many wires, plugs, and frustration once the Harmony remote decided to go on the offensive.

So ultimately I went to a much simpler system that suits me as well: TV, BlueSound Vault 2 (rips and stores CDs, and streams hi-res music), Cambridge Audio CX-61 integrated amp, Focal Chora 826 tower speakers (no sub), and BlueSound portable speaker (for porch / other room audio).
Sounds better in every avenue than my prior system, fewer wires, easy operation.

Zounds Perspex

Gold Supporting Member
System update photo with BAT VK-60 tube amp...

Analog path:
Brinkmann Bardo + 12.1 tonearm + RoNT II power supply (on a HRS R3X iso platform)
Acoustical Systems - Archon MOMC cartridge
Synergistic Research Tricon 1.5m RCA phono cable pair
Pass Labs XP-15 phono preamp
>>>Black Cat Stargate 1m XLR cables<<< (Demo loan)
Audio Research Reference One preamp
Tara Labs RSC Master 1.5m XLR pair
Balanced Audio Technology VK-60 amplifier (all NOS tubes)
Tice 416B Biwire speaker cables
Paradigm Persona 9H loudspeakers (room corrected with ARC down to 15 Hz)
all most rad, but especially jealous of the Bardo. I demoed one a while back - what a great table!

Trending Topics