Post Your Home Stereo Rig Here

How do you like the Liquid's?

I have the Lorelei floor standers and love them. But the Liquid look awesome.

Source: Symphonic Line Bel Canto CD Player
Preamps: Concert Fidelity 080A, or Don Sachs SP-14 (fully upgraded)
Amps: Odyssey Audio Stratus Mono Extremes w/full Kismet Boards , Symphonic Line caps, wire upgrade
Speakers: Odyssey Audio Liquid Deluxe Version w/Alphacore, WBT & Full Foam
Cables: Groneberg

HowardMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Rega Planet 2000
Rega Mira 3
Rega Jura

Not super hi-fi, but sounds pretty lively, and been pretty happy with this the last 10 years or so ...

Robotechnology

Gold Supporting Member
Legacy Audio Classic main
Legacy Audio Silverscreen HD center
Legacy Audio Studio HD surround
B&W (down firing in ceiling) height
SVS SB13 sub
Denon X6200 receiver
Xbox One S 4K blu-ray player/Panasonic S97 CD player
Samsung JS9000 65" tv

I've wanted Legacy Audio speakers for about 15 years and I finally got them last year in beautiful yummy rosewood finishes!

GGinMP

Gold Supporting Member
Living room:
Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K 7-Channel A/V Receiver (so-so)
Vienna Acoustics Bach floor standing speakers (love them!)
Vienna Acoustics center channel for TV

Computer/guitar room:
2017 iMac 27"
Denon PMA-50 DAC/Amp
M&K B1500 Monitor Speakers (love them!)

I like to spend on speakers, if anything.

mrz80

Ok, I'll have to jump in at this point...
Main system's in the living room: MAC-4100, XR-250 speakers, Sony X303-ES CD, Oppo 103 Bluray, Thorens 125 w/Signet TK9e on SME arm, 3GHz linux box for streaming stuff, and a Wii for parties :)

Office system is hand-me-downs from Mom's house (she didn't care about sound quality, she just wanted something with a remote control for the volume!): MX-113, MC-275, Lahti U-2 speakers, JVC DVD player for CDs

And back in the master bedroom there's an all-ancient-Realistic setup for mood music ;) - TM-150, SA-150, Minimus 7s

jaded_musician

Gold Supporting Member
Here's my budding setup of random acquisitions that I'm enjoying the hell out of.

Philips 312 Turntable
Adcom GTP 400 Preamp/Tuner
Amazon Echo Dot into Little Bear Tube Line level preamp (Warms up Spotify a bit)
B&K ST-202 Amplifier
Magnepan MG-1's - rebuilt them myself and they sound glorious!
Cambridge Soundworks sub

James824

Ok, I'll have to jump in at this point...
Main system's in the living room: MAC-4100, XR-250 speakers, Sony X303-ES CD, Oppo 103 Bluray, Thorens 125 w/Signet TK9e on SME arm, 3GHz linux box for streaming stuff, and a Wii for parties :)

Office system is hand-me-downs from Mom's house (she didn't care about sound quality, she just wanted something with a remote control for the volume!): MX-113, MC-275, Lahti U-2 speakers, JVC DVD player for CDs

And back in the master bedroom there's an all-ancient-Realistic setup for mood music ;) - TM-150, SA-150, Minimus 7s
Very nice stuff!..the guitars too!

mmorse

ok, i'll play. once disco hit, i hung up playing guitar for quite some time and got into high end audio. engaged in the equipment merry go round for nearly 20 years. finally stopped in the mid nineties as the cost of admission was getting too expensive. haven't bought a thing for two decades but here is what i still own.
aerial 10Ts (they were michael kelly's personal pair with some of his own mods)
SOTA sapphire turntable
SME 309 arm with Koetsu rosewood signature and black gold cartridges
koetsu step up transformer
audible illusions m3a preamp (still own an audio research sp6a preamp)
sony cd player
krell ksa 250 power amp
two sub woofers of my own making driven by hafler 500 power amp and modified dahlquist electronic crossover
i won't bore you with all the interconnects, speaker cables and accessories. the system is old but still sounds really nice and i have no desire to change it. overall cost was about $25k. had a couple friends with over $100k in their systems.

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
ok, i'll play. once disco hit, i hung up playing guitar for quite some time and got into high end audio. engaged in the equipment merry go round for nearly 20 years. finally stopped in the mid nineties as the cost of admission was getting too expensive. haven't bought a thing for two decades but here is what i still own.
aerial 10Ts (they were michael kelly's personal pair with some of his own mods)
krell ksa 250 power amp
two sub woofers of my own making driven by hafler 500 power amp and modified dahlquist electronic crossover
Dude, that set up must shake the house. My 10Ts with a 500 watt per channel McCormack amp makes folks think there is a subwoofer somewhere in the room.

Curious as to Michael's mods, crossover components, wiring, new drivers???

With your core, Krell + 10Ts, adding a DAC and computer front end that does PCM to DSD up conversion, I use a Mac Mini and a Mytek, would make all your CDs sound like hi def recordings. Sold my preamp, turntable and Wadia CD player once going computer audio...way better sonics and I can find my music (digging through 2,000 CDs, 30 years of music, was impossible) using media library.

teague888

Stereo:

Shure V15 MkIII w/ Jico SAS Stylus OR Denon-DL160
Technics SL-1200 Mk2
Hagerman Cornet
Bottlehead Foreplay 3
Baldwin Organ Amp modified by Will Vincent for use in stereo w/ SED Winged C 6L6GCs (yikes those are spendy now) and JJ 12AX7s
Klipsch Forte
I also run some Schiit amp into Grado SR-225e from that same front-end.

5.1:

XBOX, TV, Chromecast, etc.
Onky TX-NR809 (HDMI board replaced by Onkyo)
NHT Classic Two Front and Surrounds, NHT Classic Center
Rythmik LV12R

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I do love a nice Marantz :D. I should drop off my 1060 with my repair guy to have him go over the caps and perk up both sides of the Phono channel. One side cuts in and out. Spinning some nice Christmas LP's with my uTurn into the 2230 in the meantime though.

EdMan57

Some awesome systems here.

:)

Here's my modest current setup:

Yamaha A-S500 integrated amp
Onkyo C-7030 CD player
Technics SL-BD22 turntable
Grado Red cartridge
Teac V-2030S cassette deck
Celestion Impact 20 speakers

Ed

Last edited:

MKB

Gold Supporting Member
Most of my electronics are homemade, some I designed and built. High end hi-fi is one area where you can still get great sonic results at a fraction of the cost if you can DIY.

Bedroom rig:
Digital music server, homemade (Raspberry Pi with Volumio and tweaked Hifiberry DAC+Pro, separate linear PS for analog stage)
Self designed and built headphone amp, type 26 DHT's with solid state constant current stage
Audeze EL-8 headphones

Big rig:
VPI HW-19 MkIII table with Linn Basik arm and Radio Shack\Shure V15-RS cart
DIY Audio Note M7 preamp clone
Self designed and built 211A SE monoblock power amps
Updated Klipsch La Scalas

Al Rose

Platinum Supporting Member
AR ES-1 turntable with the Merrill mods (subchassis, platter, motor, Sumiko arm, Dynavector cartridge)
Rogue RP-1 preamp
Threshold amp
Sonus Faber monitors
Music Hall 25.2 CD player
Shiit Valhala headphone amp
Sennheiser, Audioquest, and HiFiMan headphones
All Morrow cables

Am still working with the room.....

Al

Trending Topics