• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Post your Number One Guitar

67blackcherry

My first lester....late 80's regular old standard, I installed the h/b sized P90s so long ago I don't even remember when... she was pretty much mint, very gently used when I got her in '91...she's an extension of my hands and if I ever had to get rid of my entire collection, she's the one I'd keep...

Years ago, a friend says "is that playing wear all from you?"
Yeah.
"WOW...cool!" but I'd never really even thought about it.

tartanphantom

Not necessarily my favorite, but definitely my number 1 in terms of versatility and playability. Gretsch 6118T-125 125th Anniversary-- special bracing, pinned bridge, stock Sperzels, stock TV Jones Powertrons, This guitar can literally cover all the bases-- it ain't just some old "rockabilly guitar". And weird as the color scheme may seem, the Jaguar Tan (despite the pics, it's not pink) looks great under colored stage lights.

I've got other guitars that I love more than this one, but when it comes to guitars as a tool, this one's the best in the bag.

pnorman

Never retire a beautiful piece like that! It needs to sing! :)
My 64 says hey!

Hey Gorgeous! Mine is called Caroline. What's yours?

Retirement = playing the heck out of her, but not gigging anymore with her.....hate the idea that someone steals her after so many years.

Last edited:

woof*

Madge
After "searching for Madge" fleetwood Mac when I was a kid.
I just keep a huge guy near me when I gig and buy free beer...never had a problem and been gigging Madge since 73 :)

pnorman

Madge
After "searching for Madge" fleetwood Mac when I was a kid.
I just keep a huge guy near me when I gig and buy free beer...never had a problem and been gigging Madge since 73 :)
Haha! Thanks for the hint! Let them keep on rockin'!

bobgoblin

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my '05 LP Std last weekend. Best damn guitar I've ever owned, and the only one I really play anymore.

cobrahead1030

I absolutely love the color combo on those!!

Not necessarily my favorite, but definitely my number 1 in terms of versatility and playability. Gretsch 6118T-125 125th Anniversary-- special bracing, pinned bridge, stock Sperzels, stock TV Jones Powertrons, This guitar can literally cover all the bases-- it ain't just some old "rockabilly guitar". And weird as the color scheme may seem, the Jaguar Tan (despite the pics, it's not pink) looks great under colored stage lights.

I've got other guitars that I love more than this one, but when it comes to guitars as a tool, this one's the best in the bag.

Ryan84

Pickups: CS69, CS69, SSL-5

Pickups: Jazz/JB

I just feel like to cover every genre possible it's good to have a fave sc guitar and fave hb guitar too.

IMO

gadzooka

I've had disappointing Gibsons before, so I know how hit and miss they can be. This one hits the bullseye - a new Gibson totally living up to the legendary name:

Trending Topics