Post Your Rig AND Occupation...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by megatonic, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megatonic

megatonic Member

The "Post Your Rig" threads seem to be huge...AND full of some impressive gear.
    Why don't we do a demographic study here, and again...post your rig/gear, but also post what you do for a living.

Right now, I'm a part-time hairdresser, I work for a luthier, and I manage an apartment complex...and I play in a semi-pro band.

I'll have pics of my stuff later, but the list is:

Orange Rocker 30 combo
    '65 TRRI
    Chandler Strat
    Chandler Tele
    Breedlove Acoustic
    Godin Freeway Classic
    OCD
    Bad Monkey
    AC Booster
    Voodoo Lab Trem
    Guyatone Delay
    Rocktron Xpression
    Boss Volume Pedal
    Power Block (backup)

That's the basics.

How 'bout you?

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Here's a part of my rig. Old(er) photo.

Swart AST
    52' ri tele
    Fulltone TTE
    Durham Sex Drive (now gone :()
    Teese Picture wah
    Van Den Hul, Cardas, and Evidence Audio calbes

[​IMG]

EDIT: I'm a 17 year old high school student finishing grade 12.

3. Rayneman

Rayneman Supporting Member

I have a Triple Rectifier and a Mesa 4x12 where my band rehearses, but here is most of my gear. I'm a high-gain guy!

I am a Manager in the outsourcing practice of a large, global consulting firm.

[​IMG]

4. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Member

My main gigging rig is my '53 ES-175 and my parts Tele (with Pete Biltoft's wonderful pickups), into a '96 Matchless Chieftain combo...! :dude

[​IMG]

As far as my job, I'm head of marketing for an international technology company that provides metadata and digital media services for physical and online retailers and digital music stores. Our clients include folks like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, 02 Germany, Burnlounge, and several hundred more.

5. mprvise

mprvise Member

I manage a revenue department for a large telecom. However, my other job (gigging 2 - 3 nights a week) pays for all my gear. A few photos of the main gigging gear (Tyler and TCM are currently the main gig guitars).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ME AND MY SON:
    [​IMG]

I travel a lot and do nothing else for now
    I have two different college degrees: Dentist and Business Marketing.

I might start working again after summer, have not worked consistently for a year due to a small health problem, surgery will be done in June, so after that i am cool and good to go again.
    By the way, Dentistry is out of the question and i don't feel like working for big corporate america, i want something where i don' have to think too much, i don't need the hassle anymore, i need something simple.

7. onemind

onemind Member

So far Max seems to have the best gig!

8. macmax77

nope, mprvise does.

i forgot my little guitar:
    [​IMG]

and these are gone, but hopefully i will get A Prosonic back again some day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Member

...retired electronics engineer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  10. AlligatorMtn

AlligatorMtn Member

Pic's to come soon.

Bogner Shiva 1x12 w/ Reverb
    Marshall '80s 1x12 Cabinet tan front
    PRS Hollowbody Spruce, Gold top

Freshman in college - College of Charleston

11. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

So Students,
    How did you aquire your gear?

M.E.

12. Stormin

Stormin Tele's and Plexis Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I'm an electrical engineer...

[​IMG]

13. lv

lv Supporting Member

Lion tamer for Ringling bros

[​IMG]

14. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

OK-since you asked.... :D

I'm a graphic designer (freelance from home due to health issues). Don't make much money--just like when I played music for a living :p

Don't have a lot of of fancy gear, and not really any pictures yet, but here's most of it (I only play at my church--don't have to move anything!), plus other stuff I've collected over the years:

Equipment I play with:
    Squier Strat w/Kinman Woodstock pickups is the main working guitar. (Pickup/pickguard assembly by Griblin Engineering--like it pretty good)

Still putting my system together, but for now my main working pedal/amp/speaker setup is:
    Barber Small Fry>Allums modded BD-2 (for "clean-ish" boost)>Carvin SD-1 (delay pedal)>Magicstomp (used as a preamp) into Peavey 50/50 stereo power amp (EL84s).
    CABS: Left side is a Vox "Baby Beatle" 412 from North Coast Music with just 2 speakers in it - Weber C1265 & an English Greenback. Right cabinet is an Avatar 212 with Eminence Red White & Blues.
    Mogami, George L's, and other cables.

Just got a "real" preamp - an old Mesa Studio Preamp it will go into my Rocktron Intellifex then to the power amp. I like stereo :). The Intellifex will allow me to pan whatever amount of the main signal between the two cabs, so for "American" sounds I can have more of the signal coming through the Avatar cab, more "British" sound coming through the Vox cab, or go competely wet/dry, etc...

Other guitars I own: Cort MGM-1 (rare blue color!), Dean Cadillac (purple--made in Korea with a smaller "leaf" like headstock), 1954 Gibson ES-150, Kramer Focus 111 strat (Korean) w/Wilkinson trem., Mid '80s Carvin DC-100 (black), a couple of other cheap guitars... and an old "Fender Jazz Bass" style bass w/ Swamp Ash body/Maple neck made for me by Wayne Charvel(!)

Pedal "collection": Analogman Maxon OD-9 (silver version), Barber Tone Press, Barber DDSS, mid-80's EHX Big Muff and Small Clone, HAO Sole Pressure, HAO Roar, Keeley modded DS-1, G2D Creamtone (just sold it), Lovepedal 22 (just got it!), Line6 Crunchtone & Space Chorus, Toadworks Mr. Squishy, John Bull (2 of them--one with custom graphics Ryan did for charity), MXR Micro Amp, ISP Decimator (noise reduction), Vox volume pedal, probably forgot some...

Other amps: Fender Champ 25SE, Epiphone Valve Jr., Vox Pathfinder 15R

Other stuff: Axess GRX-4 MIDI looper, Axess CFX-1 MIDI switcher (controls what footswitches would normally), Yamaha DG-1000 preamp, Yamaha DG-Stomp, Rocktron Chameleon 2000, BOSS FV-1, Lexicon MPX-110, Carvin VL12 speakers, couple of cheap cabinets...

• I've been planning to incorporate some of the pedals and Axess stuff--along with a second preamp for "two-amps-at-once" sounds--
      so I have a setup approaching "modeling-like" versatility, but using mostly tube/analog stuff.
      Hope I don't go insane trying! :crazy

I've owned, but then sold other stuff, of course. In the last couple of years I've sold my Zendrive (only cause I needed money), Randall RM4 preamp with modules, a Cornford Hurricane, Rocktron Replitone combo, different MIDI controllers, can't remember what all...

I could have had a couple of real quality guitars or something if I hadn't spent so much buying and selling so much little stuff to satisfy GAS :puh ...

I think that's most of it. :)

15. macmax77

How do u tame animals?
    You see , i have this girlfriend....:D

16. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Okay, I can play. Here's my baja rig.
    [​IMG]

Currently, I'm occupied as goat-keeper / sausagologist.

17. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Me likes!! I wanna Baja rig, too :D

18. 2 Loud 4 You

2 Loud 4 You Member

Well if you want to see pics you'd have to go to my My Space page but here ya go.

Guitar
    VHT Ultra-Lead
    VHT 4/12
    VHT 50/12
    PRS Artist Quilt SC
    '76 Gibson LP Custom
    Pedalboard:
    Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
    Dunlop Tremolo
    Boss DD-5
    Boss TU-2
    Line 6 MM4

Bass:
    Roscoe LG3006
    Hartke 7000 head
    Ampeg 4/10 HLF Pro

Occupation: Grease Monkey although most of this gear was bought when I cleaned floors overnight at Wal-Mart. Actually the only thing bought since changing occupations was the bass cab.

19. justonwo

justonwo Member

An SG Classic, a 61 SG, an R6, an R8 (on its way), and a Custom Classic Tele. When I'm playing with my band, they go through either my Rivera or my Super Lead, depending on my mood. The Super Lead will have a Tone Tools cabinet very soon, hopefully.

I'm a chemical engineer designing systems to control emissions from heavy duty diesel engines. To date, my company has retrofitted the majority of the buses in the SF Bay Area.

20. photios

photios Member

[​IMG]

Komet Concorde with an Ultimate Attenuator and a Switchblade Matrix Router for a wet/dry setup. I'm a bail bondsman/bounty hunter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.