Posting pictures, and Yes I like the new format

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by griggsterr, May 22, 2015.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

If you are not a supporting member you can post them on a photo sharing site like imgur.com and then copy the IMG code here.

2. guitardoc64

guitardoc64 Member

What about google photos? I tried to link to it but that didn't work.

3. Scott Peterson

You need the shareable link from Google and it should work.

4. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

Technically correct - you just made it 5 times as many steps (compared to how I could do it before)!

5. Scott Peterson

The software is different, I didn't make anything harder or easier. Xenforo is not perfect and there are frustrations but overall it's far better in many ways.

6. psykoz

psykoz Member

So i am newbie to the website. Signed up so I can ask you all a question but can't figure out how to make a post. Can anyone walk me thru where to start my own post? Thanks in advance

7. Blix

Blix Member

Well you obviously figured out how to make a post... :)

You mean a thread. Go to the sub-forum where you want to ask your question and just click on "make new thread" or what it says on the right hand side.

8. jhansenku

jhansenku Supporting Member

I'm trying to post pics on TGP ads. I'm using the media. I have been able to do this in the past , so I know how to do it but I keep getting an error that says file too large for server. These are regular pics from my iPhoto. Can someone please chine in and help figure out why I am getting this error message? Thx

9. jhansenku

jhansenku Supporting Member

The following error occurred

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

IMG_2234.JPG

10. UsableThought

UsableThought Supporting Member

Probably the file size is upwards of some limit such a 1.5 or 2 megs or what have you. I've run into this when attempting to post very large pics. You need to bring the file size down by some means - on a Mac for example you can use Preview to resize the photo (fewer inches across and down), or export it as a JPG with a lower "quality" setting - Preview will calculate the file size for you as you play with the quality scale & you can easily get file size under 1 meg with not much loss of detail. If you don't know how to resize, do a quick Google and you'll find lots of tips & tutorials.

11. UsableThought

UsableThought Supporting Member

I have to say I don't understand complaints about uploading Media. I like albums, personally, and find them convenient. Once an album is created (and it can just be one album if you like for all your pics), it doesn't have to be created again. Yes, there is a bit of a navigation maze until you get used to it, but once you are used to it, it is very powerful.

And as far as missing buttons etc. - I don't know what those were as I am a new member; but the Media tab at front is quite convenient. I have seen far worse. I like the functionality - I just had to learn it. But everything on computers & the web has a big learning curve these days, alas - even PhotoBucket or ShmozButt or whatever the photo site de jour happens to be.

12. Pj13579101

Pj13579101 Member

im new here also i created my media file but have no clue how to upload it to the post that has the amp im selling
    HELP!!!

13. sandcastle

sandcastle Member

Me too, I've been digging around for instructions. The main thing for me is I can't find the previously mentioned 'Add Media' button.

14. Scott Peterson

Supporting members can upload media directly from their computer to the forum. To do so, you must click “Media” in the blue bar on top and then “Add Media” (to the right). Name the album you are creating (this only need be done once) and then add media. Now when you are in the post entry box, you can click on the “camera” icon and drop your images inline with your posts.

Alternatively, you can link to remotely hosted pictures. We recommend a free picture hosting service such as www.imgur.com It is free, fast and easy. You upload your photos there, copy the [img} code they generate under ‘media links’ and copy it into your post. Your picture now appears in your post.

sandcastle likes this.
  15. scottcityman

scottcityman Silver Supporting Member

So I'm very excited that I figured out how to upload pics from my iPhone… But people keep telling me they can't view the picture. I can see the pic on my ad… But nobody else can?

16. Blix

Blix Member

You probably have to change the privacy of the album you posted in.

17. scottcityman

scottcityman Silver Supporting Member

Thanks..think I got it

18. strings2wood

strings2wood Supporting Member

I know it's been explained, but I can't upload a youtube clip/ link at the moment. I used to be able to do it with ease now....:dunno:huh
    Anyone able to assist please?

19. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

go to the youtube clip in question, "copy" whatever's in the address bar up top, come back to here, click on the little picture of the film strip (between the pic of the little mountain and the "+") and "paste" it into the field there, then hit the "embed" button.

20. strings2wood

strings2wood Supporting Member

Thanks for your courteous and prompt reply walterw.
    I tried that, and the clip just goes to a black box as above.
    If I refresh the page the clip is visible for a nano second. I'll give it another go.
    Fingers crossed.

:aok