pot or soulfood/klone

groovemeister

for the peeps using a small fender combo set up clean as a pedal platform, which do you prefer. i'd be interested to hear from both those who use either for a boost and those that use either as a low gain overdrive to simulate a cranked amp at small gig volumes-cheers

GTBJ

Klones are boring, buy some pot.

Edit: Prince Of Tone - now I get it! Am I the only one who did not understand this from the OP?

Edit2: I stand by my original answer.

I've never played a POT, but I played around with a Soul Food through a Fender at GC the other day. It definitely had some good tones in it with no tweaking at all. I actually used it because it was the closest thing they had to my Timmy that I could try stacking with the OCD I'm thinking about purchasing. It did great both on its own and stacked.

gearscrubs

Soul Food is good, but I prefer the ARC Klone into my 68 CDR. Sounds great as a boost or adding some dirt.

tapeup

Butterscotch Supt. Member
Klones are boring, buy some pot.

Edit: Prince Of Tone - now I get it! Am I the only one who did not understand this from the OP?

Edit2: I stand by my original answer.
Haha no you're not the only one, as I also thought the OP was talking about the green plant. If pot was in all caps (POT) I may have realized it was an acronym for the Analogman pedal.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
Get the Prince of Tone. I like EHX, but you will get better quality with Analogman.

groovemeister

haha... boys i no longer indulge, produce or retail the glorious green plant...still really dig the smell though.......... prince of tone is correct.

J_Stefanik

for the peeps using a small fender combo set up clean as a pedal platform, which do you prefer. i'd be interested to hear from both those who use either for a boost and those that use either as a low gain overdrive to simulate a cranked amp at small gig volumes-cheers
I use a 28 watt fender circuit. It's hot rodded and I can get tons of gain out of it, but I typically keep the pre and master at or around 12 oclock. I recently got the Mythical Overdrive (klone) and have been very pleased with it over my old keeley modded ts9 to push the amp.

Trending Topics