Potentiometer choices

sliberty

I have frequently used Alpha pots for my amp builds and been happy with the results. But the particular Alpha pots that I get from Mouser and other sources have a 5/16" x 1/4" bushing. Sometimes, the 1/4" length of that bushing is not sufficient (panel plus chassis can approach 1/4", and then there are no threads left for the nut). So, when you need a longer bushing, what pot choices are there, and who can I buy them from? Obviously, I'd rather not start buying pots that cost $12 each since I am used to $1.50 each, but if it costs a little more, I'll certainly deal.

phsyconoodler

I use CGE and they are long enough for an eighty-thou chassis and a one-eighth faceplate.Seem to work just fine.Looser feel than alphas.

sliberty

Yes, I just got a set of CGE's from Metro. But I understand that they are history now. Metro told me that they are going out of business. Oddly enough, the set I got from Metro was a mixture of pots that had longer and shorter bushing lengths. Mojo has them too, but no 1MA pots. These will not be viable for long. So what else is there?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom