• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Power an Ethos with something other than the PP2+?

thetangmang

Anyone with any input? I'm thinking of getting a Cioks DC5 as it has the 18v outlet, but I don't want to get it and have the output be above the tolerance for what the Ethos can handle before frying it. Anyone have experiences or ever measure the output of the taps? Maybe I should just get a power factor and combine two 9v taps and be able easily to power everything else. From there, factory tolerance is even more important, so I don't know.

Anyone ever power their Ethos successfully with something other than a PP2+?

FYI, getting rid of this supply as it cant power some of my "less analog" effects.

thetangmang

Thanks guys! Anyone actually measure out the voltage output of the Cioks DC5 18v tap, or the 9v taps of a power factor or dc10? Robbie emailed me saying any more than 18.9v would damage the Ethos. Since I consistently see that Voodoo 9v taps are closer to 9.6v, I'm guessing that combining them into 18v puts the result over the tolerated limit.

I hope I'm not looking too deep into this, but appreciate your help!