1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Power goes out, comes back on.....5 times....terrible for me amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by smallbutmighty, May 17, 2011.

1. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

Played a gig last night. The venue's power was totally inadequate for live performances. We blew the circuit 5 times. Each time power was cut, and restored to my Marshall DSL. No warning...no time to put it on standby.

I'm assuming this is bad for the amp, yes?

2. mlweidl

mlweidl Member

Its happened to me a few times. The only thing that really worries me is a surge when it comes back on but i imagine i would blow a fuse before anything else bad happened?

maybe i dunnno

3. amc

amc Member

it is not the best thing for the tubes in your amp, but most likely, if it came back on each time after the power went out, it's ok..................

4. germs

germs Member

probably not bad for the equipment, but you should still use surge protectors at any venue.

5. stratotastic

stratotastic Supporting Member

I can't count how many times some jackass (including myself at times) yanked out/shut off/moved/unplugged me from/etc a power strip my amp was plugged into and fully on. Never had any problems.