Power Scaling a Ceriatone 36 Watt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Custom, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Custom

Custom Member

Hi, I've been lurking around here for a little bit and have found a lot of great info. Now I'm looking for alittle advice. I'm really interested in the Ceriatone 36 watt amp. I have a Rocktop 18 with London PS and really love it. But, clean headroom is limited, so I'm looking at the 36. I have a 73 1987 and a 78 2204 if I really need to be LOUD (which is rare). Since Jesse is apparently no longer building, and he didn't have a 36 watt anyway, I'm really interested in the Ceriatone. Does anyone here have the 36 watter and how do you like it and, second, has anyone had it powerscaled, and how did that turn out? Does a second master need to be added to the circuit (since channel one dosn't have one)? Who did the work? Thanks in advance.

2. Custom

Custom Member

3. Custom

Custom Member

No one have one of these or power scaled one?

4. plexi67

plexi67 Member

I have used a little bit of a different method. You can read about it on SEWATT.com.And find out the info. Its a VVR [variable voltage regulator] I've used it in the 36 watter,and 18 watter. Works under the same princple as P/Scaling. Uses less parts etc. Works great.

5. Custom

Custom Member

Thanks for the response, Richie. I'l check that out.

6. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Couldn't find any info on a vvr there here is my search trail

Links?

7. mlj_gear

mlj_gear Member

I used to have a 36-watter. They are very cool amps. The master volume is actually pretty good, so you may even find that you don't need power scaling with it.

The one thing I didn't like about it was that the bass was not super-tight. Using a SS rectifier plug-in helped a good bit with that, though.

In all honesty, I wish I hadn't sold the amp.