• Fender Silverface Twin Reverb

• Fender Dual Showman Reverb w/15 JBL

• Either of the above with 6V6s

• Fender Silverface Vibrolux Reverb

• Fender Silverface Deluxe Reverb

• Marshall Master Model 50 watt

• Ampeg VT40 Head (4 pwr tubes)

• Ampeg SVT Bass Head

• Hiwatt Custom 50 Head - already hacked.

• VOX AC 30

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheAmpNerd

Okay Gang,

Which would be the best candidate for implementing power scaling?

Kevin you hang out here, which would you choose?

None of these are prestine nor collectable per say.

I'm thinking the Twin Reverb or the Dual Showman Reverb
because they have more power to begin with and could
be used to "tone down" before break up.

Then again, the smaller Deluxe Reverb or Vibrolux Reverb
are lighter and could be more useful.

Either of my Deluxe- or Vibrolux-Reverbs will keep up
with most Super Reverbs, Pros etc...so thinking they
might be even more useful power scaled.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

908SSP

If they sell a kit for a AC30 let me know I want it done to my reissue. Love the thing dimmed but it is too loud especially with its Blues.

conundrum

908SSP said:
If they sell a kit for a AC30 let me know I want it done to my reissue. Love the thing dimmed but it is too loud especially with its Blues.
I'd be interested to know how that sounds. I find that out of control speakers really effect non-negative feedback amps, like an AC30 for instance. It may not be the solution you are looking for.

Phloored

I'd suggest you call Kevin and ask him directly which (if any) are not good candidates and why. My amp was made with power scaling, so I have no idea if there are any configurations that make good, better, best candidates.

T

theelectic

I've put one in a silverface Champ. From scratch, even. It depends on what your end tonal goals are. From your cursory list, I'd go with the already hacked Hiwatt, since those mothers are freakin' loud, and it's already hacked. There's also plenty of room to work inside the chassis. I keep meaning to install PS in my own silverface Twin Reverb, but once I look at the messy, cramped, stock layout, which would require splitting the PS board in half, I think twice about it.

TheAmpNerd

theelectic said:
From your cursory list, I'd go with the already hacked Hiwatt, since those mothers are freakin' loud, and it's already hacked. There's also plenty of room to work inside the chassis. I keep meaning to install PS in my own silverface Twin Reverb, but once I look at the messy, cramped, stock layout, which would require splitting the PS board in half, I think twice about it.
That is why I stuck the Hiwatt on the list. Too bad it was hacked-- with Fender Twin laydown PT and Choke along with an unknown OT.

X-former mounting areas have the chassis looked to have been cut with a saber saw, then remaining sheet metal bent with channel locks
to force fit the Fender PT. OT sheet metal not quite as bad.

All that mil spec wiring just snipped and taped back together.

Too bad too, otherwise in cab, the head looks dead mint.

I'll get with you on this in the next few weeks.

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
Double Platinum Member
Hiwatt.

Besides already being hacked, you'll have plenty of room to do the mod.

That, and as somebody already said, they are really loud amps to begin with.

Trending Topics