• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Power Supply for Pedaltrain Nano - Single Plug vs Multi Outlet

Trio

dbp512

The multi-outlet power supply has the benefit of isolated outlets. This prevents grounding loops between pedals, which can cause a humming sound. Some can also provide different voltages which allows for more flexibility. If all your pedals work off your current supply and you don't hear a noticeable hum, then I don't see any reason to upgrade. Theres nothing less exciting than spending money on power for your pedals; at best it adds nothing to your sound. Save the money because sooner or later you'll be GASsing for something new.

Trio

The multi-outlet power supply has the benefit of isolated outlets. This prevents grounding loops between pedals, which can cause a humming sound. Some can also provide different voltages which allows for more flexibility. If all your pedals work off your current supply and you don't hear a noticeable hum, then I don't see any reason to upgrade. Theres nothing less exciting than spending money on power for your pedals; at best it adds nothing to your sound. Save the money because sooner or later you'll be GASsing for something new.
Makes perfect sense and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

DaveKS

Much to be said for the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. But funny thing is most people don't know how really noisy their setup is until they try a isolated supply. But 4 pedals, probably you don't have a problem to begin with.

But heres a neat trick that's not a bunch of $$$. Add a gigrig isolator to your Powerall. You don't have to use Gigrigs 5000ma supply, any power supply will work that pushes around 1000ma or more.

If you do have any digital delay/chorus/reverb they really do work better on a isolated tap. You can even configure it to run a pedal at 18v pedal if any of your pedals are so capable. It's neat little mini box that work just exactly as stated on the tin and fits easily under any mini board.

jpickett

Cioks is a great power supply for the nano/nano+. Fits nicely underneath after drilling two holes.

Plenty of current that will power most pedals you'd put on that size board.

Voltage choices - 9V on all, 12V on 4 and 18V on one.

Source: I have the DC-5 and PT-Nano

Trending Topics