Power Supply Help

treeuh

Hey all, I'm trying to find the tidiest way to power my board, and right now my rig consists of:

5 9VDC pedals
1 18VDC pedal
Eventide Timefactor
Line 6 M9

I've looked at everything from a PP2+, Cioks DC10, Supa Charger, and CAE 403 Power System and nothing looks like it can handle all of that. The M9 is the kicker (which dictates the need for a courtesy jack), AND it has to be able to run at 100-240v input... going overseas soon...

Any TGP wisdom for me?

Godspeed64

Contact Poul Cioks he is the man.

AC10 I suppose, or DC10. Seriously give him a beep!

Schizo only has 6 outlets, and no AC options, while GigRig is not isolated.

teleclem

+1 with the thegigrig suggestion. Use his adapters to isolate and match your pedals. It might be expensive to buy one for each though

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
The Eventide and the M9 are two effects units that can be problematic. From a cost efficient manner, you can tackle your situation by getting by w/ a PSU and a power strip on your board. Something like an ISO-5 will take care of your 9V and 18V needs and the Eventide. I would gat a 3 outlet power strip and plug in the M9 and the ISO-5 into the power strip. That way, you can power down your entire board w/ the power switch on the power strip, makes it very convenient.
The ISO-5 has 3-9V outs, just get 2 "Y" power cables or a 3 effect daisy chain for your 9V effects. Use the high output 9V outlet for the Eventide, leave the 12V out empty, and use the 18V out for your 18V pedal. The M9 is a 9VAC unit, so that will obviously need its own wallwart.

With your power requirements for 100-240V, the Cioks is a very good solution. The DC10 or the TC10 would be a very good choices. Either one would take care of your needs, sans the M9.

wundergussy

The Modtone Power plant has a 9v AC out and seven DC outs. Five of those can be switched to 12v, and you can connect two together to make 18v.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
The Modtone Power plant has a 9v AC out and seven DC outs. Five of those can be switched to 12v, and you can connect two together to make 18v.
Unfortunately, the 9VAC on the Modtone doesn't supply enough mA to power the M9.

Trending Topics