Power supply question

gtrmaestro

I got an email from TC Electronics saying that I needed to make sure that I was using a 9V 670mA TC branded power supply with the Flashback X4.

I have a One Spot which is 9V and a max of 1700mA and also a Godlyke power supply which supplies a max 9V 2000mA.

Do I actually need to get a 670mA adapter?

The unit works with the One Spot but I don't want to damage the Flashback.

I'd ask TC but they probably can't legally tell me it's okay to use something different and also it takes several days for them to respond.

Oldschool59

You're fine. It works like this: Always match the voltage (9VDC), and always supply same or more current than what the manufacturer recommends. If your pedal requires 670mA, and you provide, say, 1,700mA, than the pedal will only draw the 670mA that it needs out of the available current.

gtrmaestro

Thank you.

Once upon a time I got one of the 1st Cmatmods Tube Slammers in the mail and immediately fried it by hooking up the wrong power adapter. Got a big puff of smoke rather than good tone so I'm always a little nervous when it comes to power supply issues!!

TerjeOslo

According to this it looks like the Flashback X4 requires 300mA. When I had it a couple of years back I powered it using a T-Rex Chameleon 300mA output which worked well.
flashback-x4-delay-rear.png

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Thank you.

Once upon a time I got one of the 1st Cmatmods Tube Slammers in the mail and immediately fried it by hooking up the wrong power adapter. Got a big puff of smoke rather than good tone so I'm always a little nervous when it comes to power supply issues!!
Ugh that would SUCK
I have taped over the AC outlet on my power supply, and still worry I'll find a way to plug something into it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom