Power supply question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jmontgomery, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

I bought a Tascam CD-GT2. It says to use a 5v center positive power supply. I have a 4.5v center positive power supply. Is half a volt difference enough to do harm, or is it close enough to use?

2. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

I am not telling you to do it since I do not want to be held responsible, but I don't think that .5v will make a difference at all since if it doesn't have enough juice it simply will not power up since it's digital. I would look at the current draw and see if the adaplter has enough power for the Tascam CD-GT2. I really don't see any potential for problems if it works. Their was a thread for a while about people powering their TC nova delays at 9v when the regular adapter was 12v and they didn't have any problems. Good luck.

3. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

anyone else with advise before I try 4.5v?

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

The MA rating is more important than the .5 I would Think..

5. Ray Gianelli

Ray Gianelli Member

bandofthieves is right, and the required supply puts out a whopping 2 amps (2,000 mA). It's highly doubtful that the supply you have will work. This link shows it:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/PSP520--Main