Power Supply, under-board mount, with MORE than two A/C outlets?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hobbes1, Apr 21, 2016.

1. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

anyone know of such? the number of 9v, 12v, etc ports is irrelevant as it's the a/c I'm wanting, in a small and compact format. My board is a PT Classic Pro.

Thanks.

2. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

bump. I know that Furman makes a two AC compact version....anyone else?

3. String6

String6 Member

Are you looking for a power supply with more than 2 courtesy outlets ? or AC power outputs ?

4. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

Hi. More than two courtesy ac outlets or just ac outlets would be fine. I am not really going to use this with standalone pedals (eg: 9v or 12v pedals).
    The form factor is prime importance...thin, square/rectangle and mountable under the board, but with ac outlets on the side like the compact Furman. Thanks

5. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Cyberpower TRVL918, only 1.5 wide but has 2" side plate that you can dual lock to underside of board. But you have to supply extension cord, it's made to plug directly wall socket.

[​IMG]

hobbes1 likes this.
  6. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

What effects are you trying to power? There is the Cioks AC10 that can accommodate two AC powered pedals.

7. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

@jnepo1 I'm planning power for a Helix, G50 and StageSource L3T
    That rig, for me, gets the job done without the need for external pedals.

@DaveKS Thanks...I'll look at that one. Not exactly what I had in mind but might be fine.

8. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

I think he's talking about courtesy outlets, not AC vs. DC power. Could be wrong.

9. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks. If it's AC powered effects though that he needs to power, there is no reason to power them thru AC taps of a PSU, hence the Cioks AC10.

10. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

Chiming in with the low-tech solution: if I needed more than two courtesy outlets, I'd be looking at bolting a six-plug surge protector onto my board.

I know that might be the wrong shape/form factor, just bringing up the obvious solution in case no one else does... ;)

[​IMG]

11. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

Hah! @MattLeFevers That is the exact one I have now, velcro'd to the board. It works but is less....elegant...than I'd prefer. And it takes up more top side space. Thanks though :)

MattLeFevers likes this.
  12. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

Ha, fair enough. Worth a shot :)

[​IMG]

My bass board has a nice surge protector bolted to the top of it... It dates back to when I was running each pedal off a wall wart, though now that I have a One-Spot you can see most of those plugs aren't even getting used. Still a pretty sweet set up for a lesser-used board, though I use a PP2+ on my guitar board.

13. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

that's a cool idea. little bit out of my league though as I'd be nervous wiring up electrical outlets like that and would want some sort of fuse/breaker involved too.
    thanks for the suggestion, though.