1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Powerglide or Echoczar for sale?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stagefright, Sep 29, 2006.

1. stagefright

stagefright Member

Does anyone know of a toneczar powerglide or echoczar for sale? I'm on the waiting list but have an album to record in November/December. Both of those pedals would make an amazing addition to the recordings.

Thanks

2. theanalogfuture

theanalogfuture Member

Try posting this in the Emporium

3. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

There are many other pedals out there that cop similar sounds. Try an AD900/999 or Diamond ML or even a space echo for delays. You could also check in with your studio, they may have some interesting ger available.

4. stagefright

stagefright Member

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I already own a space echo and get a lot of great studio use out of it. What I love with the echoczar is the ability to record with two amps, the tone, and the ability to control the repeats with the expression pedal.

5. drolling

drolling Member

Diamond Memory Lane has an expression pedal jack to control the number of repeats, and they should have finally released the stereo mix pedal by now. The ML's also quite sensitive to pick attack and responds in a very interesting & organic way to your playing dynamics. The EQ circuit's also a treble or bass boost and nothing like most subtractive passive 'tone' controls. Very cool delay pedal.

But I want an Echoczar too. Been on the waiting list since July '05!

6. stagefright

stagefright Member

You're right about the Memory Lane, but the echoczar has a 1 second delay time as opposed to the Memory Lane's .5 second delay time. I have to have that extra half second.

7. drolling

drolling Member

Oh yeah - me too. That's why I've still got a digital delay on the main board.

But I ran across a Moogerfooger delay in a high-end audio shop last week - Not exactly cheap, but a full second & expression pedal outs to control most parameters (4) but the place was full of turntables & mixers.. NO GUITARS!. I've got to bring one of my own down to demo it..

I've also heard that it converts the guitar signal to line level, which might be an issue for some players.. I believe it's just mono as well, but I'm going back tomorrow to check out anyway:RoCkIn

8. threm

threm Member

While waiting for the Echoczar you could get a Maxon AD999 with about 900ms delay time.
    You could also have someone mod it with expr pedals for repeat and delay time control. Analogman did that to my AD900. When using the expr pedal I get more than the factory default delay time. Maybe a similar mod on the AD999 would give you more than 1 sec ...

Repeat pedal - Control from one repeat to in and out of self oscillation
    Time pedal - Besides changing the delay time you`ll have pitch bendings
    The two combined are lots of fun.

Possibly you could even have an effect loop added for max tonal options (not sure if there`s space for all four extra jacks: delay time + repeats expr pedals, send + return).
    The ADD999 is $337.50 new.

http://www.maxon.co.jp/ad999_sample_sounds/mp3/MAXON_AD999_No.4_Long_delay.mp3
    http://www.maxon.co.jp/ad999_sample_sounds/mp3/MAXON_AD999_No.5_Feedback.mp3

9. Wilbo26

Wilbo26 Member

10. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Or you have patience and get on the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait list.
    With love,
    Veruca