Powering a Keeley Fuzz Head

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Voxguy76, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Voxguy76

Voxguy76 Member

Can Keeley's fuzz head be powered with a 1 spot? I was under the impression that with most fuzz's, unless its an individual power supply solely for the fuzz could result in damaging the pedal.

2. Teahead

Teahead Member

That risk relates specifically to germanium fuzz pedals with positive ground (+9v) which are often labelled "PNP" and can't share a daisy chain with regular -9v pedals. The Keeley, although a germanium fuzz, is actually -9v "NPN" so will not blow the supply.

I have to say though, I tried to power a fuzz head from a one spot once and the amount of white noise was impossible to deal with. I'd recommend sticking with a battery.

3. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I use a 1-spot w/ my FH to great result. It works w/ out any noise.

4. parns2112

parns2112 Member

5. Voxguy76

Voxguy76 Member

6. Dale

Dale Member

It does not make much difference with a FH. At least to me. I love that pedal. I power mine from the power supply on my board (as I do the JAva Boost as well). As it is a hybrid and original design based loosly on a Fuzz Face it does not have the FF issues.