powering a line 6 g30

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KeLynne, Apr 21, 2016.

1. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

Can I use this to power my g30? http://xotic.us/effects/voltage-doubler I have a pp2+ with only one more slot open and my timefactor is already plugged into the courtesy outlet. If not recommend a very slim power strip that can fit under a pt1.

2. Monstercastle

Monstercastle Supporting Member

Line 6 G30 requires 9V supply. Somewhere around 200ma. You don't need a voltage doubler.

3. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

I've heard that but I've also heard that in order to power it from a pedal power I'd have to use 2 of the power outlets. I know it's 9v, I was just wondering if I could essentially use the voltage doubler in lieu of using the y cable from voodoo labs.

4. Monstercastle

You are probably thinking of the Voodoo Curent Doubler cable. This uses two ports to double the amperage delivered to the pedal. Port 5 or 6 on your pp2+ will power the G30. I have the G30 and the Pp2+. I use the Mondo now though.

5. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

Yeah that's the cable I'm thinking of. Currently, I have my loop switcher in port 5 and my big box ehx holy grail in 6. Would the xotic voltage doubler double the amperage like the voodoo labs cable?

6. Monstercastle

No, voltage and amperage are different. Higher voltage than a pedal is designed for can damage the pedal. You need the current doubler cable, but or you need to use a regular cable in port 5 or 6. This was part of the reason I moved to the PP Mondo. I needed more high current outputs as I grew my board.

7. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

I know they're different. Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure if it would double the amperage as well. Guess I will use a power strip and stick to the wall wart.

8. Monstercastle

No worries; happy to help.

KeLynne likes this.