• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Powering a nano sized board

talanzdad

So I have a Jnepo "pt-nano" sized board with these pedals on it.

Polytune Mini -> Keeley 2 knob comp - > Timmy -> Analogman Prince of Tone -> DD-20.

I'm looking for suggestions to power it. I use a PP2+ on my larger board but I'm not sure I want to deal with such a large power supply on a small board.

Do I dare use a 1-spot or equivalent?

kirkham13

Yes, T rex jr or one spot.... I like the trex and havent tried one spot, the advantage of one spot being you don't have anything bulky to store or carry around with your board apart from a small wall wart.... (I have a pt mini).

vegetablejoe

My 1Spot normally powers 5 pedals on my PT-Nano board, although I don't have any pedals with higher power requirements than a delay. Visual Sound even sells a daisy chain for as many as 8 pedals.

Just add together the milli-ampere power requirements of the pedals you intend to use and make sure the total doesn't go over the 1Spot's limit. (Can't recall what the limit is at the moment.)

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
I have a one spot on my mini now. Would like a Fuel Tank Jr because it fits in the slot...but otherwise no complaints with the 1-spot.

Charles#5

I power my small board (3 pedals) with 8 rechargeable AA batteries. 8 x 1.2V and 2300 mA = 9.6V and 18400 mA total, lasts forever and dirt cheap. The batteries are in a holder like this one

It even has an on/off switch! Don't forget to check your polarity though. I had to change it on mine (it was center positive).

zastruga

I foresee a *potential* problem with going the One-Spot route. Those big box Boss pedals are prone to be noisy when daisy chained. Can't say for sure yours will be, but it's something to be aware of just in case.

Derelict

1 spot can be noisy. i used to have one and trashed it. use a trex fuel tank jr and am happy. perfectly quiet.

derekrlew

Man - I love Charles#5's approach -

I think that is ingenius for powering a small board when I sit in with bands and don't want to ask for an outlet for my board!

Also - I love the flat profile - the Sanyo Pedal Juice is too bulky.

Any hints on how to find one - a search term - or any clue would be appreciated by this full time pro -

Thanks so much!

boyatheart

I power my small board (3 pedals) with 8 rechargeable AA batteries. 8 x 1.2V and 2300 mA = 9.6V and 18400 mA total, lasts forever and dirt cheap. The batteries are in a holder like this one

It even has an on/off switch! Don't forget to check your polarity though. I had to change it on mine (it was center positive).
This looks like a very interesting solution for peanuts.

Would this also work with normal batteries (1.5v each) or would 12v output damage 9v pedals?

Great idea anyhow. I think I'll try it.

Trending Topics