Powering HX Stomp

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by TimH, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Tybalt

Tybalt Member

aw thanks, so by "no reverse polarity" do I no longer need to use the green and red adapter with that cable? sorry, I'm a noob with this type of stuff.

2. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    ucnick likes this.
  3. Tybalt

Tybalt Member

edit: ah okay to measure the voltage and resistance. I suppose that would help with figuring out "polarity". definitely a noob with this stuff but guess it doesn't hurt to TRY to figure it out lol.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Elantric likes this.
  4. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

I'm building a new board on a PTc2 I just received today. I'm going to power this board with the TrueTone CS12. The TZF, Eventide, and EHX looper have their own power supplies. Everything else runs off of an old One Spot.

Eventually, the Eventide Pitchfactor will go in favor of the HX Stomp. My question is simple. The Eventide is rated at about 500mv. The HX Stomp is well above that. Will I run into a power issue running all of this and Stomp from the CS12?

[​IMG]

mbenigni likes this.
  5. Roccorobb

Roccorobb Member

The fact that this thread exists pushes me toward the lt instead of the stomp. I think the internal ps is one of the best things about Helix (coming from several generations of previous pods). I'm tired of the adapters!

Chris-7777 likes this.
  6. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

While I enjoy the lower noise floor and no path for ground loop hum by running my DSP MFX modeler (HX Stomp) on Battery power.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27335201/

LordByron and mbenigni like this.
  7. Roccorobb

Roccorobb Member

LordByron likes this.
  8. Larspega

Larspega Member

How is it to mount the 1spot CS6 right under HX Stomp? Got the power supply today and plan to mount it under a Pedaltrain Nano+. Are there any noise troubles by installing it right underneath? I´m getting the HX stomp in 2 weeks .... but want to make the pedal ready now: D

9. dbagchee

dbagchee Supporting Member

I'm not running into any noise issues - I have the CS6 mounted centered underneath a Nano (covers most of the bottom) and the HX Stomp placed on the left half. Should be fine on the Nano plus as well.

Larspega likes this.
  10. remmy

remmy Member

Got my Stomp today, powering it using a Strymon Zuma, a 2.1mm daisy chain as a current doubler and one of these.

It works great.

If you use a daisy chain check it with a multimeter to ensure it is the current you are doubling and not the voltage! Most should be fine but it is best to check.

dbagchee likes this.
  11. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Member

Care to elaborate on that a bit? Id like to try to power my Stomp, G10 and possibly a small midi controller

mbenigni likes this.
  12. Antmax

Antmax Member

For the step down, I just used one of these. As you can see, it has both regular 9v DC and regular USB jacks. Plus Positive and Negative terminals for each end. It steps down to 5v from 9v - 36v.

[​IMG]

I did have to make a box for it, and I just used regular USB to micro USB at one end and a 1Spot reverse polarity cable on the other side to make sure that the USB was the correct polarity since I'm using my 1Spot CS7 to power my pedalboard.

[​IMG]

MY 1Spot CS7 has an 18v 100mah output that I had no use for, so I basically use that step down board to change the voltage to something useful for my G10.

As well as the 18v the 1 spot has 4x switchable 9v or 12v 200mah outputs and 2x 9v 500mah.

If you run those two 9v 500mah outputs in parallel to a single 9v you get 9v 1000mah which will power the stomp.

13. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Member

Very cool. Thanks for the details. I was hoping you weren't that guy that opened up his G10 and modded it that way. Although very neat, I'd like to try to avoid doing that and this way seems like a no-brainer. I'm planning on getting a cs7 power supply, does it come with that reverse polarity cable you mentioned?

Truetone.com likes this.
  14. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Supporting Member

The TrueTone CS12 has 3000mA, just subtract how much power each pedal requires...

DaveDaveDave and Truetone.com like this.
  15. Antmax

Antmax Member

Yeah. It comes with one among an assortment of additional "adapter" cables.

16. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Member

Sweet, thanks again

Truetone.com and Antmax like this.
  17. remmy

remmy Member

Though only 2200mA is DC, I asked Truetone about the most you can get out of the CS12 as I want to run a HXFX and Stomp too, they said it will probably struggle. I intend to add a couple more FX too so have gone with a Zuma instead.

18. remmy

remmy Member

19. filo01

filo01 Member

Thank you very much, @remmy!
    Is it possible to check also starting/loading current draw with your 1Spot meter?

dmutter and DeSelby like this.
  20. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Member

Let's see some pictures of your guyses power setups, be it snakes on the floor, pedalboards store-bought or handmade, show the pr0nz!

mbenigni likes this.