Powering Line 6 M9 and 5 9v pedals with one plug

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by voodoochili12, Jun 1, 2015.

1. voodoochili12

voodoochili12 Supporting Member

I'm trying to downsize my Pedaltrain PT-2 to a Pedaltrain Mini in order to have the smallest grab-and-go pedalboard possible. My absolute needs are:

Polytune mini -> Rockett Archer -> King of Tone -> EP Booster -> Bearfoot PGC -> Line 6 M9

From what I was able to gather from the website, the VooDooLabs DC 4x4 only supports 4 9v options in addition to the 120v for the M9.

Any recommendations for how to achieve this set-up in a single-plug manner?

Thanks

2. jota

jota Member

3. thesooze

thesooze Member

4. rbrogan

rbrogan Supporting Member

I use a Cioks AC Rider to power the following board:

Korg Pitchblack > Fulltone Fulldrive II Mosfet > Moog Minifooger Drive > Line 6 M9 > Disaster Area DMC-3XL midi controller

The M9 gets power from the 800ma AC section at 12v (the m9 can take between 9 and 12 volts, the higher the voltage, the lower the current draw if I remember correctly). The tuner, Minifooger, and Fulldrive are daisy chained off of one of the 9 volt sections, the midi controller is powered off the other. So far, it's worked flawlessly. No noise from the m9, and I use it pretty heavily with all three effects plus looping happening at the same time. If you wanted more isolated sections, the AC8 would work perfect too. Right now Cioks is your best bet if you're looking for something now. Admittedly the new OneSpot Pro's are very tempting too, but who know's when that will be released.

5. jordane93

jordane93 Member

You can try a Voodoo Lab Mondo.

6. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Each of those 9v on 4x4 are 100ma, you could easily get buy using a Y splitter or daisy chain cable and put 2 or more drive pedals on each 100ma output. Most drives or boosts don't care wether their on a dedicated isolated output. Bearfoot, most their pedals are under 10ma.

Make a list of actual current draw of your pedals.

7. MartinPiana

MartinPiana Supporting Member

I was about to get the Cioks AC Rider Link (different than the AC Rider) to power my board that includes an M9, but am now holding out for the upcoming One Spot linked above. More power outlets for the money....

8. aksman

aksman Member

I do all of that off of a pp2+ and just use the external jack. I researched this a lot, and decided that it was the easiest/best solution. Note the 4x4 has no courtesy jack.

9. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

:spit

gibs5000 likes this.
  10. ChipOnly

ChipOnly Member

The godlyke power-all will power an M9, though the manufacturer seems to indicate that tops it out, and it won't be able to deliver additional juice to other pedals on a daisy-chain.

11. AdamSH89

AdamSH89 Member

I use a diago power station for this. It does require a godlyke cable green adapter, but it's clean.

12. mitchanator

mitchanator Member

Just got the decibel 11 hot stone deluxe. Really hard to beat at that price. I have an m9 on my board also

13. redeyedjim

redeyedjim Silver Supporting Member

ModTone Power Plant 1.3, $125 retail. I have one and I have used it for exactly this purpose: Line6 M9 (or M13) @ 9vac, plus seven (7) other 9vdc pedals.

[​IMG]

Positions 1-5: 9vdc or 12vdc, each individually switchable.
    Positions 6-7: each 9vdc or each variable 4vdc-9vdc.
    Position 8 (on side of unit): 9vac, 1300ma.
    It also includes a 120vac courtesy outlet.

14. AdamSH89

AdamSH89 Member

Man, I had one of those a while back and had the worst luck with it. It would power my M9, but it got overloaded if I used my Timmy and tone press too. Powering the M9 and POG2 was just out of the question. Do you really have no trouble with it? I'd be looking to power the M9, a Zoom CDR70, a Timmy, a POG2, and a tube screamer clone. I'd also have an ethos clean amp once it comes out.

15. redeyedjim

redeyedjim Silver Supporting Member

I didn't have any trouble with it, but apart from the Line6 M9/M13, I wasn't trying to power anything that drew high current. IIRC the two adjustable outlets do support higher current devices than the first five outlets, but that may still not be enough juice for some big 9vdc pedals.

In truth, I outgrew it a while ago and now use an MXR MC403 for my larger board, a PT2. I still use the Power Plant, but I am not relying on it the same way I used to. Also, they made some significant changes between the first version and the second version; and yes, they called the second version "1.3" because it supports 1.3ma of VAC. You can tell the difference by the presence of the numbers "1.3" in the lightening bolt logo on the top of the Power Plant:

[​IMG]