Powering my Space/TimeLine???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sagegreer, Mar 2, 2012.

1. sagegreer

sagegreer Member

I have a PP2+ powering my board, but I use a Space and a TimeLine. I'm on my last nerve with having to use these gigantic wall wart power supplies. Is there any way I can get around this? I've heard that you can use a splitter to double the amps for the TimeLine, But is there any way to power the Space from the PP2+ or am I gonna have to be stuck with all of these external supplies?

Thanks!

2. GregoryL

GregoryL Supporting Member

3. ComanchePlayer

ComanchePlayer Member

Gotta love it, I was wondering when someone was gonna get around to it.

4. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

yup, pedal power digital, or a Cioks DC10?

5. minjason

minjason Member

I have a Cioks TC-10 that can easily power the Space, Timeline, and then some (I'm actually powering an entire Pedaltrain Pro off of one Cioks power supply). It has basically allowed me to eliminate wall warts altogether. If you are going to buy a Cioks power supply, I would recommend buying it through Pedalshark. Brian Spencer (who is TGP member pedalshark) offers AMAZING customer service. I was actually in the same predicament as you a few months ago, and Brian took the time to go through every pedal on my board to make sure each could be powered properly.

6. SteelyDannyBoy

SteelyDannyBoy Silver Supporting Member

I second the CIOKS; I have a DC10. Powering SPACE, TimeLine, VM SuperDelay, plus several other 9V/100mA pedals. I'm moving to an Electron Blue 10 Pack though, as it offers higher milliamps. There's also a 12 Pack (9/12/15/18V, 3.75 Amps, 12 isolated outlets). The CIOKS is great; I have yet to install the Electron Blue. The Electron Blue has a (flat transformer) box connected, which plugs into a standard electrical cable. The CIOKS has just the one cable attached to the unit, transformer being inside the unit. Either way, wall warts go bye-bye.

7. tibbon

tibbon Member

I just realized that I need to get one of the VL Digital units, since soon I'll have a Timeline, Space and Pitchfactor. Not so easy to power with just a PP2+

8. teleclem

teleclem Member

The DC10 can handle lots of pedals. I used it to power a space, timeline, and modfactor plus my other pedals.

9. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

The Cioks DC-10 can easily handle powering those. There was also a Voodoo Lab power supply announced at NAMM called the 4x4 that has four high current and 4 regular outlets if I remember right.

10. pa_anoid

pa_anoid Member

Dear CIOKS users,

I've an M5, a Space, soon a Timeline, a Multidrive, a PS-6, probably a DMC-3 and a Polytune Mini.

Would a single DC-10 solve all this?