Powering new axess midi foot controller question. Please help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tronus, Dec 18, 2009.

1. tronus

tronus Member

Hello all,

I know this is probably kind of a stupid question but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I just got my Axess MFC5 MIDI Footcontroller today and I was reading the power requirements.

9v AC 75 mA

I have a line 6 that outputs 9v AC at 2000 mA.

The reason I'm confused is that you see power adapters advertised as AC power adapters but they output DC. What is this device really asking for? I don't want to plug it in until I'm sure of this. Thanks for your help ahead of time!

Troy

2. Delayed Delay

Delayed Delay Member

I'm really curious to this as well; yes I know - old thread.

3. tronus

tronus Member

Hey man, no worries.... I did figure it out. It wants actual AC voltage... My little walwart I use for it outputs 9V AC 800ma

The plug end is small too. It's not the same size as the Boss/Ibanez style barrel plug. It's smaller... I think you knew that though based on the message you sent. I'll copy and paste this post into there too.

4. Delayed Delay

Delayed Delay Member

Thanks! :)... But which specific wall wart should I get? I want to get this right the first time and not have to order multiple times... Lol

5. tronus

tronus Member

Hey man, I posted over at HCFX too.... It's just some generic one that was given to me... It says AT&T on it.. I'm thinking the guy had it laying around from an old cordless phone or something?