Powering Nova delay

radcliff

Last night I switched back and forth between the Supply and the PP2, noticed no difference

I will look out for this bumping noise next time, it will be something I'll detect, if its there, the Timefactor had clicking noises when tapping in tempo that drove me crazy.

innocent_bystander

Silver Supporting Member
Pedal Power 2+:
Powered off the Line6 output with a regular cable but the switch ON

Worked great, no added noise, and no tone change.

Thanks guys :)
ok just to confirm....

use the 5 and 6 out put to power up nova pedals with the DIP switch, switch to on.
no issues right?

dannopelli

My question exactly. I read every post and am still confused. I have a PP2+ Do I use output 5/6, switch up, with a regular black connector? Or do I use the red tipped one?

And am I correct the outs 5 and 6 are 9v 250mA? But it still pushes the Nova?

PS: I am new here over from the Anderson Forum. Looks kind of cool here.

Thanks in advance guys.

jhp612

Can we get an update on this from you guys that are using the PP2+ with the nova delay? Is your nova still acting as good as it did on day 1?

Teahead

I heard from Burkey that they have developed an AC/DC rectifier box to use on the 9v AC outlet of their Flatliner and convert that to 12v DC for the Nova.

They are going to attempt a similar thing for me to try with my Eventide Timefactor, although the 1000mA output may not be enough to get the job done. Thought Nova users might want to know about this.

radcliff

My Nova has been going strong ever since, no problems at all.

My friend, however, his "DentnScratch" unit he got has been on the fritz and freezes every once in a while, but using either the regular supply or the PP2+ doesnt change this from happening.

C

clamdip7714

Question for you folks using the 12volt One Spot adapter to power the Nova. Are you able to use the standard plug it comes with and if yes how do you go about reversing the polarity as stated in posts here?

I am going to order one to power-up being I can't seem to get a replacement from TC.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

C

clamdip7714

I've been running mine with the 9V Onespot with no problems concerning noise or headroom.

D
I am going with the 12V version (wireless) being some said at 9V they noticed an oscillation. Mainly I need to know if the plug needs an adapter and what they did to reverse polarity.

Getting rid of that noisy wall wart if came with will be a great step in the right direction. It's a great pedal but it is also a shame TC would ship an outstanding pedal with a crappy wall wart.

WailinGuy

I am going with the 12V version (wireless) being some said at 9V they noticed an oscillation. Mainly I need to know if the plug needs an adapter and what they did to reverse polarity.

Getting rid of that noisy wall wart if came with will be a great step in the right direction. It's a great pedal but it is also a shame TC would ship an outstanding pedal with a crappy wall wart.
I'm using the 12V Onespot supply with my Nova Delay. You need to also buy the reverse polarity adapter cable, in order to get positive sleeve, negative tip going into the Nova. Works fine.

I didn't have any noise problems with the original wall wart. But it seemed cheaply made, and in no time the insulation had cracked open on the wires right where they exit from the strain relief on the wall wart. So I retired it.

WailinGuy

I forgot to mention... Visual Sound makes that reverse polarity cable. You shouldn't have any problem finding it if you search online stores that sell pedals and accessories.

chasyboy

I've just read the entire thread and in review, PP2 in 5 or 6, On or Off works for most people. It appears that OFF (9V) is 'safer' (please confirm) but it works either way because of the voltage regulation built into the Nova Delay.

Again, 5 or 6 (unregulated DC) On (12V) or Off (9v) is good?

Regular 9V tap (1-4) does work but not so good but does work?

BEST (and safer option) - 5 or 6 in NORMAL. - RIGHT?

Thanks everyone.

WailinGuy

I want to get the one spot 12v thing... but how do it "reverse the polarity".
As I said above, Visual Sound makes a reverse polarity adapter cable that you also need to buy. It's a short cable with a female power jack on one end and a male power plug on the other. The sleeve of the jack connects to the tip of the plug and the tip of the jack connects to the sleeve of the plug. You simply connect the adapter cable between the 12V OneSpot cable and the Nova's power input jack. Comprenda?

Trending Topics