Powering Nova delay

Andy J.

I will find out soon. I have a SupaCharger. It has a 12V option on it.
Yeah, I've got one too, but will not try to power my Nova using it... You see, the Supa-Charger's 12V outputs put out 100mA, the Nova requires 300mA. You're putting a lot of stress on the power supply that way...

alteredsounds

The Nova only requires an initial 300ma at power-up but this still leaves the problem that most psu's are rated at 100 or 200ma.

BTW, I accidently damaged my Nova's psu and was quoted by the 'authorised TC dealer / repair center' in the UK £40 for a replacement, this is for a pretty standard 12v switching psu that I was able to purchase elsewhere for £6. The only difference being that it doesnt say TC Electronics on the box.

jaeger28

I use a Fueltank Classic, works perfect.

I have 7 pedals via the 9VDC outs, the Nova on the 12VDC (500mA) and a Banshee Talkbox on the 12VAC (500mA).

Perfect. Only issue it doesn't do reverse polarity at the same time for my Fulltone stuff.

just switched from the stock adaptor to a 12v one sport with reverse polarity connector... only because my stock adaptor started to show wire. The little hiss that I was geting from this pedal is now completely silent. This pedal is awesome.

Jwoo

I called BBE recently to ask about the Nova Delay. They said go ahead and try it, it won't blow it up.

Well I tried, it didn't even work. Maybe I did it wrong? But yea... those power ratings don't match. I just use the power supply provided.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
I have been powering my Nova Delay with my PP2 (non plus model) from output 5 or 6 with the dip switch set to Line 6 mode for several months now with zero issues (extra noise, strange behavior, etc).

MoPho

Pho Shizzle
Silver Supporting Member
I have read and re-read this and still confused with folks chiming in with various power supplies. I am running a PP2+, therefore I should:

1. Run it out of output 5 or 6
* 2. Set output 5 or 6 to "normal" or away from normal?
* 3. Use regular or reverse polarity?

Anyone run into ANY problems doing this since last year?

Thanks.

VEstrada

I'm in the same boat. I have mine plugged in with my switch on the line 6 setting in 5 or 6 and it's been great. no problems at all either after a full year of use.

actually, tripp2k, i got this nova from you last year. ha, funny to run into you on this thread.

MoPho

Pho Shizzle
Silver Supporting Member
I'm in the same boat. I have mine plugged in with my switch on the line 6 setting in 5 or 6 and it's been great. no problems at all either after a full year of use.

actually, tripp2k, i got this nova from you last year. ha, funny to run into you on this thread.
Yessir. I'm back on the wagon again as soon as it arrives. Funny, when I had the thing originally I was simply overwhelmed by it. Time to give it another go and make it work for me versus the other way around.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
Still running mine from output 5 on my PP2 with the dip switch set to Line 6 mode. It's been almost a year.....I think? Two other guys I play with do the same thing. Works great.

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
I know the Nova is 12v, but any clue to the mA of the adapter?

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
i have a modulator and when I ran it through the PP2 with dip switch output 5/6 - it had a bunch of extra noise but it seems to be fine for everyone else

gui108

Hi fellows. Very nice and helpful thread indeed.
Just joined to tell ya how i power my nova pedals, hope its useful =)

My rig is quite small, using a Fuel Tank Classic to power a CryBaby, OCD, Crunchbox, BoostnBuff, Nova Mod and a DD20 (just replaced by a Nova Delay). No problems at all powering the Nova Mod via the 12VDC output, working for about 6 months now. However, when the Nova Delay came in, I got some serious humming when hooking them both together. Got really annoyed for a bit, then i figured out i actually had them both plugged in the 9VDC section of the Fuel Tank. Moving one of them (in this case the delay) to the 12VDC output caused the hum to end.

Since the 9VDC section supplies up to 500ma, and the Nova Delay and Nova Mod both seem to work fine under 9v (as long as the current is 250ma+), there seems to be no problem powering the nova pedals with the T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic.

Bottom line is, successfully powered a Nova Mod (on 9V) AND a Nova Delay (on 12VDC) with the Fuel Tank, without any noticeable sound or power issues. I know this thread is kinda old and maybe most of you already solved this, but i hope i was able to help anyway =) Seeya!

Trending Topics