Powering Several High Current High Voltage Pedals Which Power Supply?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by reverendmando, Mar 4, 2015.

1. reverendmando

reverendmando Member

Hi Everyone!

I've been a long time lurker here and have gotten a lot of great advice! This forum is great!

Anyhow, I'm trying to power the following effects pedals from one power supply (if possible)

They are the following and in no particular order:

JHS Colour Box (18v, ?? mA)

Strymon Timeline (9v, 300 mA)

Strymon Flint (9v, 250 mA)

Eventide Space (9v 500 mA at power up, 400 mA to operate)
    (12v 380 mA at power up, 300 mA to operate)

Suhr Koji Comp (9v ~20 mA)

Korg Pitchblack (9v 200 mA)

Xotic Ep Booser (9v - 18v 500 mA)

From my research I've found the Powertrain 1250 may be suitable, want some advice before the purchase or any other alternatives.

These are some pricey pedals that I really don't want to ruin by powering them wrong! Thanks for your advice! http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

2. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Voodoo Lab 4X4 will work. The Korg Ptchblack will work fine off of a 100 mA tap. The EP Booster definitely does need 500 mA. I'd be suprised it it drew more than 10 mA.

3. augur

augur Member

You can do any think with gigrig stuff (but on a budget for spécific powering)

4. reverendmando

reverendmando Member

Thanks for the advice, I think the 4x4 may do the trick, after some thought it seems I may have to get a voltage doubler for the JHS Colour Box, but connect one end to a 9v 100 mA and the other to a 9v 400 mA. Is that too much current? There's very little spec information on the Colour Box on the internetz.

5. jordane93

jordane93 Member

It doesn't really matter how much current you give it. As long as you have the right voltage you're fine

6. reverendmando

reverendmando Member

Thanks Jordane, pedal power 4x4 it is.