PP2+ Courtesy Socket/Modfactor/USA to UK question!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by StuBrew, Mar 12, 2008.

1. StuBrew

StuBrew Member

I have a Eventide Modfactor coming from the states with a US adaptor. Im based in the UK, will I be able to plug the US adaptor into the courtesy outlet or will it fry it due to the voltage change?
    Thanks!
    :dude

2. mild

mild Member

I'll step up to the plate:

You will FRY that thing. You need to order a seperate adaptor from the Eventide store. It gets there really fast, so don't fret about it.

The courtesy outlet can power LOTS of Modfactors... (by my calculations... 19 of them!) but it won't voltage switch to 110v just because its a courtesy outlet. Its hardwired to the transformers' voltage. Good luck!

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

+1

The voltage at the courtesy outlet will be the same as the mains voltage from the wall socket, so you need a UK-spec adapter for the Modfactor.

/Andreas

4. StuBrew

StuBrew Member

Thanks for the info guys, just ordered a UK adaptor from Eventide!

5. SkipTracer

SkipTracer Member

Somewhat off-topic, but what does the courtesy outlet on your Pedal Power look like? I'm in Germany, and mine has this female IEC thing for which I just can't find an adaptor to make it work.

Just wondering whether you might have had the same problem and if so, how you managed it.

6. mild

mild Member

Gidday skip. Is this one of the 240v versions? Does the courtesy plug look like the inverse of the input plug?

If so, I think I know what you have, and what you need. Go to a computer store, and ask for a power cable for a UPS uninterrupted power supply. They will be exactly what you need - they are short little IEC leads with the female plug on one end, and a power outlet on the other - designed to run servers from big stand-alone batteries so they don't blow out in a power cut - and they work perfectly for the PP2! :AOK

7. SkipTracer

SkipTracer Member

Yes.

Sounds good, I'll try that. Thanks a lot!