• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

PP2+ Help!!

npirt.89

I need to power 9 pedals with my PP2. I have a DL4 and a DD20 on the way. Do I need to have both of them plugged into outputs 5 and 6? I am going to be short one output since there are only 8...but i have a daisy chain...BUT i think the daisy chain will only work on outputs 5 and 6, correct? So if thats true then i somehow need to get enough power to power my DD20.
Is it ok to daisy chain a Boss rv5 and my DL4 together in output 5 or 6? will there be tone loss? If this is possible then I will be able to power all my pedals without having to have another adapter or nasty wall wart.

mobis8

The line 6 stuff needs to use the special outputs (don't have in front of me, but I thought it was 7 and 8), I am pretty sure you can use the others for the daisy chain.

I would check with the manufacture on daisy chaining your DL4 with the boss. I don't think that would be the most efficient thing to do though...

npirt.89

I have everything hooked up and working with a dd5 in place of a soon to be dd20. The DL4 is daisy chained with an rv5 and everything seems to be working fine. Is this alright or is it really hurting my pedals?
How do you guys power 9+ pedals with a PP2 without an extra adapter? I know people do it all the time.. i just can't seem to be able to power at DL4, DD20, and a daisy chain at once.

thetangmang

Definitely put the DL4 and the DD20 on 5 and 6, otherwise there will be tone loss or hissing or something bad. I'm pretty sure you can daisy chain off the other outputs. You can daisy chain dirt pedals together or a tuner to a wah or something. Those all have pretty low draws and can work together off one PP2+ output.

Definitely put the DL4 and the DD20 on 5 and 6, otherwise there will be tone loss or hissing or something bad. I'm pretty sure you can daisy chain off the other outputs. You can daisy chain dirt pedals together or a tuner to a wah or something. Those all have pretty low draws and can work together off one PP2+ output.
Ten points for the correct answer.

this1smyne

i use a pedalchain out of the outputs. i think the Line6 outputs should be by themselves as they're pretty power hungry.... chain a few low draw pedals out of the same output.

npirt.89

Thanks guys, i hooked everything up that way and it works great! been messing with it all day, and its been frustrating. I'm running my daisy chain on a normal 9v outlet to my Wah and Hot Cake...so i think that should be fine. no tone suckage correct?

KBN

I run 10 pedals on a PP2+. I just chain my overdrives together on one output. Sounds like you have your setup working.

PanicProne

Just for a late "know-it-all" answer. I had this setup before. DL4 on output 5 and DD-20 on output 6 but whith the dip switch on. DON'T daisy chain your DL4 with the RV-5! The DL4 comes with a different adapter and therefore should not be running on the same as the RV-5.

However I have a question myself. What about the Micro POG? Outputs 5 and 6 for this too?

stinkfoot

It depends on the current draw. If it's below 100mA, you can use any of the outputs. If it's above 100mA, it needs output 5 or 6. It has to be below 200mA, as that's the limit of the supplied adapter, but I'm not sure of the actual current draw.

Btw, the DD-20 should have output 5 or 6 in normal mode (DIP switch off - i.e. not the Line 6 mode). The DL-4 needs the special Line 6 cable (red end) and output 5 or 6 with the DIP switch on/up.

/Andreas

Trending Topics