pp2+ into pp2+ - powering capability question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aporcelainsky, Feb 11, 2012.

1. aporcelainsky

aporcelainsky Member

So I'm trying to come up with the most efficient way to power my board. I'm running an m9, m5, space, and roughly 7 "normal" draw pedals (mostly overdrive/fuzz).

I explored the cioks route, and there isn't a single unit capable of powering my board, so I'm thinking maybe 2x pp2+. I'm trying to limit the number of wall-warts so let me know if this makes sense:

(1) pp2+ plugged into a second pp2+ courtesy outlet. m9 powered from remaining courtesy outlet. space powered using a current doubling cable out of (1) set of 5 & 6. m5 powered using current doubling cable out of other set of 5 & 6. remaining pedals powered out of standard 9v taps.

will this work? am I drawing too much power through one wall outlet? I'm no electrical engineer and I know there are many more guys more knowledgeable on this topic than myself.

I'm looking forward to your advice :aok

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

There was just another thread about this.

No. It's basically like an extension cord. You're good to go.

3. aporcelainsky

aporcelainsky Member

ooo thanks. not sure how I missed that thread in my search.

4. jb4674

jb4674 Member

the MXR MC-403 should work better IMO.

5. aporcelainsky

aporcelainsky Member

I was checking this guy out but I don't think it fits under pedaltrain boards. plus I've already got one pp2+ :bonk

6. groovington

groovington Member

A voodoo labs guy told me you can basically chain like 6 of them together so I'm pretty sure that's okay.