• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Practice Amp

magwa

Any tips? I just signed on for a group lesson session as part of the private tutoring. He says "bring an electric". I'll bring the Strat, but only have big tube amps that don't easily venture out.

I'd appreciate some direction from anyone that might jump in.

Thanks

dantedayjob

Roland Micro Cube or Cube 15 would be perfect.
Ditto, I love my micro cube... heck, the batteries last so long I have stopped using the wall wart! Simple amp, easy to carry (I pulled the stock handle off mine and use a guitar strap to carry it), sounds good, great build quality...

The Microcube is quite good. I'd also recommend the almighty Pignose 7-100. You can probably find a decent used one for very little money in the San Francisco area.

Guitar Dave T

Usually, when a teacher says, "bring an electric" it's either because he is supplying amps, or he wants you unplugged and quiet. Maybe ask.

magwa

Usually, when a teacher says, "bring an electric" it's either because he is supplying amps, or he wants you unplugged and quiet. Maybe ask.
Right, Dave.

He said, "Bring a practice amp". I wanted to bring an acoustic so I ran down the options...He said, "Bring the Strat and a practice amp".

Thanks.

Last edited:

Guitar Dave T

Right, Dave.

He said, "Bring a practice amp". I wanted to bring an acoustic so I ran down the options...He said, "Bring the Strat and a practice amp".

Thanks.
Got it. Roland Micro Cube or anything else small, clean and non-distorted would get my vote for a learning setting.

samarshll

Kustom KGA 16. Light - 15 watts clean and overdrive channel and the price point is around $100 or less. They used to come with a 3 year warranty. The clean channel sounds really good. Headphone jack too.

JohnSS

I like the Peavey Transtube Rage or Blazer 158. Very light, sounds great, can be had used for cheaper than a modeling amp, and very reliable.

Tidewater Custom Shop

Performance Enhancing Guitarworks
Silver Supporting Member
What kind of tone do you want? What's your budget? My little SF Vibro Champ has great tone, and at 6 watts, can get quite loud if you tell it to.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I had a couple of Cube 20X's...great little practice amp for teaching

Trending Topics