Practice space: desks or workstations-->what are you using?

hobbes1

If they're not comfortable.. I guess they would not be posting stuff for sale in the first place, but anyway.

My room is about that the same size as yours, I went the diy route as well..

Just a simple desk, monitor mounted to wall, diy monitor stands, and I built the rack cart on the left that houses interface, headphone amp and computer.

Yeah, I hear you and you are probably right.
Regardless, I like your setup. I really like the way you mounted the mic! Nice job.

Sleezy E

Yeah, I hear you and you are probably right.
Regardless, I like your setup. I really like the way you mounted the mic! Nice job.
Thanks man, it's really all you need for the situation you're describing.

The headphone amp I mentioned feeds three headphones on the adjecnt wall hanging by the couch next to the "vocal" area. The mic on the desk doubles as a talk back mic with other performers in the room too.

Then you can get crazy like me and run a super stealthy snake that sends 8 xlr and 2 headphones into the game room next door to mic drums or cabs (which I rarely do cause I go direct these days)

Then make yourself some acoustic panels and you're golden! :beer

dan5150

I used the smaller Studio RTA mix station for years, but I just sold it and ordered a motorized sit stand desk from evodesk.com. They custom build the tops so it should be here next week.
It took having to work from home for me to realize that a sit stand desk might be great for a guitar player!

jb4674

I use this Producer Station from Musician’s Friend. For only $349 - it’s been a great buy!!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/studio-rta-producer-station

I have a Beringer XR18 mixer rack-mounted in the left bottom rack space. and I have a power supply rack-mounted in the right rack space above the desk.
I have the same desk in cherry and it has tons of room. I recently replaced my 3x24" monitors with a single 49" monitor and it works well. My custom built pc is on one side and I have unused rack units on the other side.

Trending Topics