praise band ear monitors

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PLAYLOUD, Jul 23, 2008.

1. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

I curious to know what ear monitors are you guys using? Something off the shelf at Best Buy or did you get something like E6 with the molds?

2. DanJep

DanJep Member

e3's... upgrading to sensaphonic

3. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

E3's...MI audio makes really good ones as well and they are cheaper. I actually hate in-ears though....

4. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

I'm curious, what particular requirements does praise music have for in-ear monitors?

5. Phillip_H

Phillip_H Supporting Member

None, but most musicians don't have to use them at every gig.

Anyway, I use the ones that came with the Shure PSM200.

6. Reyybarra

Reyybarra Supporting Member

sennheiser ew700
    ultimate ears ue10 pro's
    never go back to anything after this stuff.

7. anathema

anathema Member

Shure E2s and E3s

8. GuitarDude

GuitarDude Member

sennheiser packs ew300.

westone UM2 ears - amazing in ears.

we LOVE ours.

9. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

Im using Shure E3Cs, they're discontinued though? My brother and a few other members of the worship team just ordered some westone UM2s though.

10. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

Shure E3's, but the bass is kind of lacking. Anything better at a reasonable price without going the custom molded route?

11. Tbone135

Tbone135 Member

E3s here with the Aviom stuff. They've been fine for me.

12. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

E2c's. Like oldhousescott, I feel like the bass frequencies are lacking in these too. I think it may be something that Shure in-ears didn't quite focus on.

13. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

I'm the only member of the band using 'ears. I use older Shure EC-1s. They were replaced by the EC-4s about 5 years ago. I play drums and really like the isolation they provide with the foam tips. When I play guitar, I play from just stage noise, no monitor.

14. mattthefiddler

mattthefiddler Member

westones are nice!

MY church uses them extensively, mainly to cut down an all noise on stage, and give everyone their own mix.

15. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

i have to use in ears because our church is semi new to the 'contemporary' stylings. and so the stage is still set up for just a piano and an organ. So my spot is right by the opening of the grand piano. if i don't have an in ear i can't hear a gosh darn thing.

that being said i use Shure E3's. want to get them form fitted but its not that big of a deal. rather save the dough and buy some more pedals :D

16. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

I have E2's and my wife has E3's. Some of the other team members use Sennheiser and E5's and our drummer uses the M-Audio dual driver ones. I am thinking about moving up the the M-Audio duals.

17. Chadley

Chadley Member

Westone Custom Mold ES2's. That is what I use but I will probably go with Ultimate's next time around. The sound decent enough but I recently had to send them back to Westone for some fixing.

18. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

The smaller churches I play usually have E2s, the big ones have E5s or wedges if they're so big that no one will hear stage noise. I have to say the E5s make a huge difference. I've been temped to buy a pair of SE5s but it seems like a waste of money when everywhere I play provides monitors.

19. jon71203

jon71203 Supporting Member

its not so much that the music requires the monitors as much as it is the venues........errrr churches. being on staff in a church for some time i know that there is a lot of energy put into keeping stage volumes to a minimum in order to control the house mix.

for what its worth i use E5's and really like them. another part of the problem with in-ears is what kind of attachment you're using. i used to use the little rubber attachments and felt like the bass just wasn't there. started using custom molds about a year ago and think the bass is right on. i get great mixes with the combo of E5's and molds.

20. thudle

thudle Member

Westone UM2's. they are excellent, reliable, and have great customer service. I've been using them for over 2 years.