Praise for Chrome Dome

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Hard2Hear, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

Just wanted to drop a line of praise for Adam at Chrome Dome. My /13 was making some unwanted noise and I didn't want to take it to just anyone to look at it. He diagnosed it easily and fixed it, no problem. Sounds great now.

Also got to play one of the Tone Philosopher amps for the first time. Just got to play for a few minutes but its a great amp. The thing you can never hear in video clips is the low end an amp has. It has really nice foot shaking low end. That's something I really need in an amp. It seems like you shouldn't get a sound that large from a cabinet that small. Like the opposite of a boxy sounding amp. So many tonal variations its insane. I heard everything from snappy country sounds, to mid drive blues, to even a Marshall distortion somewhere in there. I'm afraid I'll end up with a slightly lighter wallet before too long.

Anyways, just a little unbiased note and short review. He's doing some cool crazy stuff to some Blues Jr's too. I never heard one that sounded like that before.