Praise for the Neo Mini Vent

muletrane

Man this thing just sounds alive! I can only imagine it in stereo! Both channels are just great. I tweaked the drive levels on both channels to my liking and switched it from high gain to low gain. It sounds perfect. Now I can forget about settings and just play! I'm gonna have to run it through my Princeton and Champ very soon.

dB

Silver Supporting Member
Do you find it noisy at all?

I thought it sounded amazing, especially in stereo. My problem was that it was also noisy...like an old big box DMM kind of white noise. I sent it back to PGS and am waiting to hear back if it was just that particular pedal or not. By all accounts, it's supposed to be a studio quality pedal, with a very low noise noise floor.

I'm hoping it was just that pedal, and they can send me a quiet one. It's one of the best sounding pedals - of any type - that I've played.

Magnum Z.I.

Has anyone compared the Neo Mini Vent to the Strymon Lex? I have the Lex, but am still very interested in the Neo.

muletrane

Do you find it noisy at all?

I thought it sounded amazing, especially in stereo. My problem was that it was also noisy...like an old big box DMM kind of white noise. I sent it back to PGS and am waiting to hear back if it was just that particular pedal or not. By all accounts, it's supposed to be a studio quality pedal, with a very low noise noise floor.

I'm hoping it was just that pedal, and they can send me a quiet one. It's one of the best sounding pedals - of any type - that I've played.
I don't find it noisy at all. About the same as the Lex.

muletrane

Has anyone compared the Neo Mini Vent to the Strymon Lex? I have the Lex, but am still very interested in the Neo.
I have both. The Mini Vent just sounds bigger to my ears. The "B" channel on the MV is about as close to a Leslie as you can get IMO. Very woody sounding on the attack. The pedal has great dynamics.