Praise & Worship Players---> Post Your Rig

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KmCyPreSs, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KmCyPreSs

KmCyPreSs Member

I know that there are a lot of Christian/Woship players here on the forums and I thought it'd be nice to see what each other is playing through for worship. Mines a work in progress but here's what I've been gigging with lately:

UPDATE:

Custom Tele (Fralin Special in Bridge and Lollar P-90 neck) --> Teese RMC Picture Wah -> Boss TU-2 -> Kaden Fluttertone Tremelo-> Barber LTD (Silver)-> Fulltone 69' --> Fender Blues Jr.

Plans:
    Vibe
    Delay
    Dirt/Boost

Pics to come soon...

2. atomheartmother

atomheartmother Senior Member

It varies, but right now it's just this:

Warmoth Strat-->Kalamazoo Model II-->1x12 cab

I also have a MI Audio Blues Pro on the way that I'll stick in there; I'll probably never be able to use it, as they are really anal about volume.

3. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

2003 R9 Historic Stinger w/rosewood board, Tim, Zendrive, Ernie Ball VP JR volume, DLS Echo-Vibe, Line6 DL4, Reinhardt 18watt, 1x12 Tone Tubby cab w/Scumbag speaker. Lovepedal Eternity, BJF Sea Blue EQ, Goodrich LDR-2 volume pedal, Echo Czar and Angelbaby on order.

4. ABKB

ABKB Member

Dont have any pics as yet, and keep in mind, have been unemployed for a while so I know I need some upgrades, but currently I am fairly pleased with my rig.

LP Standard or Tele or Strat>Boss TU tuner>Vox wah>phase 90>mxr super comp>Dano wasabi od (underrated pedal)>Bad monkey (use it for a clean boost)>Dano tremelo>Digitech whammy>Marshall chorus>EB Jr Volume pedal>Boss DD-20>Fender HR Deville.
    Will also throw in a fuzz or a Digitech synth wah in there from time to time for some bleeps and bloops or grind.

Been playing in P+W for about 4 years now (musician for about 30 years, but now do only Christian music) and love it. And the people I have been lucky enough to work with have all been great. And we play a big enough place where we can crank it a little bit, so it's very cool.

BTW, if your interested, there is a P+W board out there just getting started, run by one of the guys on this board.
    http://www.praisebandsonline.com/

5. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

The pedal board consist of a Valvulator, Peterson Strobostomp, Fulltone Clyde Wah, Fulldrive II, Boss GE-7 EQ (w/ Sniper mod) Boss CS-3 Compressor Sustainer, Boss DD-5 w/separate tap tempo pedal, and a TC Electronics Chorus/Flanger.

That is usually going into either a '66 Blackface Princeton Reverb or '66 Pro Reverb. Guitars are either an SG (35 years old), a recent Tele or McNaught.

The Boss GE-7 with the Sniper mod is a significant piece of equipment for getting fuller, solid low-end authority (especially clean). You can boost your sound just enough on the lower end without muddying things up, and still get the shimmer on top.

When leading solo, I use a Taylor 814CE, sometimes through a Boss RC 20XL looper.

6. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Takamine Acoustic- into a KR Music Megavibe - into the Burriss Boostier, into a direct box, into the PA. I somtimes use my electric rig, but it's easier using my acoustic. I sing and play, and it's just me and a really good drummer, so there's no room for lead playing or anything.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

7. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

We play direct, I do use a Diamond Compressor some times and I recently use a Jersey Girl Plusdriver but .. I got popping noises when switching so I might have to go back to the drawing board on that.

I use a Mayes C and HS (Tele Strat) and a Takamine EF341SC

If I could/had to bring an amp I'd bring my Koch 2x10 Classictone for portability.

8. Pearly Gator

Pearly Gator Member

This weekend, I used my '94 LP Studio with ebony fretboard > Bad Monkey > Ibanez EM5 > Boss TU12 > Morley Lil' Alligator > Fender Pro Reverb.

The Pro Reverb is a '78 MV that I've been restoring and blackfacing since I got it in February. It seemed ready and I used it for the first time. It's suddenly my favorite amp. :cool: Now I can keep up with a loud drummer and bass player with a 700 watt bass rig. :D

Guitarists Praise and Worship Forum

PG

9. Don L

Don L Member

Main setup:

Teese WOF wah --> old Analog Mike Clone chorus --> old Ibanez AD-80 delay --> BFJ Baby Pink Booster/Line driver --> Naylor Super Club 38.

Alternate setup:

Teese WOF wah --> old Analog Mike Clone chorus --> old Fulldrive 2 --> MI Audio Blue Boy or Landgraff LDO --> old Ibanez AD-80 delay --> BFJ Baby Pink Booster/Line driver --> BF Deluxe Reverb or Pro Reverb

Use les pauls or strats.

Like some of you said above, it is the MOST satisfying music/guitar playing I've had in 25 years of playing. I've been doing this for about 5 years now and currently play on Wednesdays and Sundays! :dude

10. James Knox

James Knox Member

Wed nights and Sunday Mornings: AM DLX (Candy Tangerine) Strat loaded with Kinnmans>MojoVibe>Emma Discombobulator>OCD> Barber LTD>Keeley Compressor>Fulltone Fat Boost>DD6>DLS EchoTap>EB Volume pedal with Peterson Strobe-Stomp into a Clark Beaufort with Weber Blue Dog Speaker and NOS Tubes.

Friday Night Celebrate Recovery: Eric Johnson Strat or 51 Nocaster>MojoVibe>Fulltone Custom Shop FD2>Keeley Javaboost>Landgraff OD or Lovepedal Eternity>Barber TonePress>EB Jr Volume with Boss Tuner into a Clark Beaufort with a Celestion Blue Dog and NOS Tubes.

I arrived at these setups after several years of trial and error, especially amps and pedals!

11. SQUAREHEAD

SQUAREHEAD Supporting Member

Bogner Xtcy Classic 100 watt amp
    Two 4x12 Bogner straight cabs loaded with Celestion G12H's
    Tc Electronics fx.

Keith

12. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

13. loopjunkie

loopjunkie Member

I don't know about you guys but I:
    MOST of the time!:dude (the rock guy is a little ironic?)

Check the sig for my gear pics (the one about tone!)

14. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Sorry to go off base for a second but - Who modes the GE-7 with the Stealth mode? I have the Sniper mode coming but never hear of the Stealth.

15. LPSlinger

LPSlinger Member

Les Paul Standard or MIM Telecaster Standard -> Dunlop Hendrix Special Wah -> Boss BD-2 or TS-9 -> Boss TU-2 -> ProCo RAT II -> Boss GE-7 (almost never use it anymore) -> Danelectro Chicken Salad -> Ernie Ball Volume Pedal -> Boss DD-6 -> '76 Fender Vibro Champ -> Jenkins Sound Shop 2x10 cabinet with RI Jensens

The pedals are all on a Furman SPB-8 pedalboard for ease of setup and transport. I leave the BD-2 on pretty much all the time. It cleans up with my guitars volume knobs or variations in my right hand technique. I set the amp on about 6, then set the BD-2 so that it has a boost in fatness and breaks up when I hit the strings hard. Usually the BD-2 is set at around Volume - 11:00, Gain - 8:00-9:00. This is the basis for my clean and overdriven sound. I use the Rat to push this into distortion Volume - 1:00-2:00, Distortion - 9:00, Filter - 3:00. The Chicken Salad gets used very rarely, but it is nice when some phase/chorus is needed on certain songs. I use it less than once a month. I used the GE-7 for a while to EQ my Rat Pedal to boost bass and mid, but now I don't really use it at all. It is there if I need it though.

16. david eaton

david eaton Member

Usually it's a PRS HBI with the acoustic pickup going to an SWR Calif. Blonde. The electric side runs through a Line 6 MM4, Sparkle Drive, Rt. 66 overdrive, H2O chorus, and Line 6 DL4 to usually a Peavey Classic 30 that sometimes makes it to "2" or a Boogie Studio .22.

17. Frank Prince

Frank Prince Member

Well, even though I am starting to turn into a gear slut of the first order and have tons of amps and pedals at home, for church gigs I use my old '90s Jap Strat w/ Kinman Avn Blues into a Vox Valvetronix SE.

I do 2 different church gigs so on Saturdays at one place I'm going into a Tech 21 PowerEngine 60, and at the other place on Sundays I go into a Peavey full-range keyboard amp.

I was hauling a full pedalboard and amp out for a while, but I live on the third floor of my building and was getting tired of those stairs!

The Vox sounds good enough, is very portable and easy to set up/program, and doesn't kill me going up the stairs.

18. GzsMuzik

GzsMuzik Member

Right now everything I'm doing is acoustic for worship, so it'd be my Martin Shenandoah, unamplified (small congregation).

In the past, it's been a MIM Strat into an RP2000 with either a Fender M80 chorus amp or a Peavey Classic 30.

If you're into P&W and good christian music, I heartily recommend you stop by at Christian Musician Forum

Great site, full of worship players, and hit has an internet radio station streaming that is playing AWESOME stuff that is not your average namby pamby Christian music....... lots of indies and folks you never heard of- aiming more at the classic rock/rocker musician crowd.

19. b_rad

b_rad Supporting Member

+1! Lots of great folks over there.

20. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

bill collings D28 clone for acoustic.
    fender tele JD or '57 CS strat/tube screamer/vibroverb/hotplate.
    peterson VS tuner. not the cool, pedal one. the other 'portable' one that isn't quite so portable.
    when i gig w/ my own band i have a multi-amp setup w/ a radial JD7 and use a pedal board, vic reverberato, fulltone TTE, several guitars, blah, blah, blah.
    i'd feel silly truckin' all that stuff into church. no offense to anyone who doesn't.
    for me, i wanna keep it super simple and have it not so much about gear and performing and stuff.
    i see that we have some worship leaders here.
    anyone care to share stories of how different this can be to 'entertaining' peeps?
    my fave is when we get itinerant preachers in who have musical/singing backgrounds who suddenly want to rip into a song that the worship team may or may not know and often in odd keys. my ear has never been so keen as it is now.

PS. i just popped over to the forum URLd above and all of the forums has zero users browsing except for the 'guitar geeks' forum which had four browsers. made me laugh. we're a predictable bunch, aren't we.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.