pre assembled pickguards

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by joolzriff, Jul 4, 2005.

1. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

could anybody here put me in touch with a web site that sells pre assembled pickguards with pickups like the WCR SR's OR KINMANS.
    i want some new strat p/ups but i DO NOT want to be dealing w/ soldering,sheilding blah blah blah ect.
    thankyou

2. aquadog

aquadog Member

http://www.guitar-mod.com/

Andy does amazing jobs on these. I picked up one used from him with curtis novaks (which are by the way some of the best strat pickups I've ever played.
    Honestly, it's some of the cleanest work I've ever seen before, and besides just getting a plain 5 way switch with volume and tone knobs, you can get mid boosts, push-pull posts, volume boosts, series switches, rewired knobs, etc. He also uses really high quality components.

I'm not sure whether he carries kinmans, and you can only get the SR's from Jim Wagner himself. The best bet is to just buy a set of whatever pickups you want and have them sent to Andy to install (or someone else if you don't choose him). I'm sure you would be impressed by his work. His site is fairly informative.

3. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

thankyou very much aquadog!
    cheers

4. aquadog

aquadog Member

by the way, heres the pickgaurd he did for me. Curtis novak strats with standard switching and a mid-boost wired into the 2nd tone control:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. John Bell

John Bell Member

6. mtndog

mtndog Gold Supporting Member

I had very good results from www.griblinengineering.com. I got Kinmans from him, but it looks like he doesn't offer them any longer. He does offer some cool options. Good luck.

7. 60HzShuffle

60HzShuffle Member

I bought the no-solder kit from Kinman when I put my Kinman Woodstock set in. I just bought a new pickguard and followed the simple directions. They sound great in my alder-bodied American Series strat and it gives you the ability to have your neck and bridge pickup together.

8. aquadog

aquadog Member

DaveF

I have no audio clips, but if you're even thinking about the emg mid boost, then this is the way to go. It does a really good job of boosting those mids and fattening up the pickups. I really think you'll like it if you try it.

9. aquadog

aquadog Member

DaveF

I have no audio clips, but if you're even thinking about the emg mid boost, then this is the way to go. It does a really good job of boosting those mids and fattening up the pickups. I really think you'll like it if you try it.

Although I haven't talked to him, I've hear Andy is a really nice guy to deal with and will answer any questions you can throw at him.

10. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

+1 :cool:

11. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

+1

I'm very pleased with Acme pre-wired assembly.

12. Ron K

Ron K Member

Another vote for Acme... (I haven't dealt with the others listed.)