• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pre NGD

fatoni

So I got the desire to pick up a telecaster some way or another. There was a local Nash but then I figured if I was going to spend real money I would do real research. First I thought about Danocaster but I didn't know if I wanted a guitar that was that expensive. Then I found Kirn and shortly after, a used Kirn. It was cheap enough to take a blind shot on. Its not here yet but I have the pics so please, tell me your experiences with these barn busters.

Woollymonster

Silver Supporting Member
Looks cool! Nothing but praise everywhere on Ron Kirn guitars. Can’t wait to see what you think about it.

fatoni

definitely an interesting experience. i dont think im a tele person. i feel like i like my suhr strat tone for more things because of that top end liveliness but i do plan to keep it because i think i stumbled to the fact that it is suitable for jazz which is something i want to learn. also, the whole guitar moves when you play a note. the sustain is unreal and you feel it in its entirety. maybe there is something to be said for a guitar built from wood that was cut in 1870.

choucas09

If I had that thing coming I'd be very excited indeed. Looking forward to your assessment and if poss clips.

John Lavelle

Ron Kirn has a fantastic reputation. I can't imagine you will be disappointed. On the Tele site, TDPRI, you can find numerous threads on his guitars. He is on there as well. He is accommodating and likely would answer any questions you have. I would love to have one of his Barnbusters....Enjoy!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom