• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pre-ordered guitar on Reverb, but shipping date changed

Knavery

Silver Supporting Member
Hey all,
I just pre-ordered a guitar off of Reverb and it said the shipping date would be March 31st. I looked today, and it says the shipping date is April 8th. Now, this is on my listing, which I think should be frozen in time. The reason being is that we should be able to go back to the seller and request our money back if the wait is unreasonable. If they're able to modify a listing that's ended, how does the buyer fight something like this?

So what is reasonable for wait time before asking for a refund assuming it said it was a month wait? Thanks!

3waytie4last

Unfluencer
Platinum Supporting Member
If it's a pre-order, tell them you want your money back. You're not obligated to buy something that doesn't yet exist. But, you're pulling the string a bit quick.

I pre-ordered a guitar last July that was supposed to delivery in November and has been constantly bumped. Now it's up to mid-March. :dunno

Knavery

Silver Supporting Member
If it's a pre-order, tell them you want your money back. You're not obligated to buy something that doesn't yet exist. But, you're pulling the string a bit quick.

I pre-ordered a guitar last July that was supposed to delivery in November and has been constantly bumped. Now it's up to mid-March. :dunno
No I'm not pulling the string yet. I was just curious what a reasonable time would be before asking for a refund. It's actually a sub 1k guitar, which is probably the cheapest guitar I've bought in some time. I thought it'd be nice to have a no-nonsense beater around the house. I just don't want to wait six months for it.

Boundcustom

Expect every item releasing this year to be late. Shipping dates from manufacturers are total moving targets now. The supply chain as we once knew it does not exist.

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
Of all the preorders I've ever done, only one has been on time. A couple of times I was able to get the order earlier from other dealers that just happened to get stock in. On the Fender Harrison tele I'd have missed out entirely because Sweetwater screwed up their stock numbers.

Dealers really can't control when they get stock. I'd hold out until you see them in stock elsewhere at least. As stated before supply chains are really broken due to COVID and they're not great at meeting ship dates in non-weird years.

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
It doesn’t totally speak to your issue, but I’ve now made it a habit to screenshot the description, pics - everything - from a Reverb listing when I purchase something. Just for cases like this, where the seller tweaks the listing for whatever reason after the fact.

Knavery

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, now the seller is saying June and he wants me to hold in there. I told him to issue me a refund. I don't know if he will or not. We will see.

Json

Gold Supporting Member
Ok, now the seller is saying June and he wants me to hold in there. I told him to issue me a refund. I don't know if he will or not. We will see.
I don’t see why Reverb wouldn’t force a refund in this situation if that’s what you want. If not, I’d be shocked.

Knavery

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t see why Reverb wouldn’t force a refund in this situation if that’s what you want. If not, I’d be shocked.
Yeah as long as it's a full refund. They say their policy is to take 15% off the top for restocking fees. But I'd think since they didn't honor their end, AND it's a pre-order, I'd get it fully refunded. I don't blame the store, but I expect to get 100% back.

By the way, is your name Jason or are you a coder that uses JSON objects? :)

jzgtrguy

Yeah as long as it's a full refund. They say their policy is to take 15% off the top for restocking fees. But I'd think since they didn't honor their end, AND it's a pre-order, I'd get it fully refunded. I don't blame the store, but I expect to get 100% back.

By the way, is your name Jason or are you a coder that uses JSON objects? :)
I had that exact scenario happen to me. I pre ordered a Sire Larry Carlton Model Semi Hollow and as the months clicked off I asked for a refund and got a 100% refund.

3waytie4last

Unfluencer
Platinum Supporting Member
Mine kept getting put off by Fender so I finally asked for a refund last weekend.

My new "replacement" guitar should be here tomorrow. :)

Trending Topics