Precautions for having a pedalboard with 20+ pedals on it

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JasonAz, Feb 27, 2012.

1. JasonAz

JasonAz Member

Given the following information, what do you think I should do to prevent my board from dying/short circuiting/blowing up etc. Theres so much stuff on here and it scares me sometimes.

Each pedal goes into one input of my 2 power supplies: trex Fuel tank and Gator Bus 8 power supplies.

Pedals are:
    tu3
    vox wahwah mod
    Proton
    EHM Freeze
    Noise suppressor
    phase 90
    wampler ectasy
    Little Big Muff
    Keeley rat
    CS3 compressor boss
    MXR 6 band Eq
    boss PS6()
    EHM NEO mistress
    digitech weapon
    EHM Small clone
    MXR micro amp
    flashback
    marshall vibratrem
    boss fv50h-volume pedal
    carbon copy
    HOF

2 pedals are always on: the Boss NS2 and Boss CS3

5 of the 22 pedals are running with a one spot.

fairly good cables used for each pedal etc.

I always keep the board in a nice room temperatured area.

and my power supply plugs each plug into an extention cord which goes to the wall.

So, given all of this, am I set to have it last a long time? or should I be a little more cautious.

2. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

As long as it doesn't get moved much, and all the cables used are in solid working condition, you really shouldn't have any issues. If you're gigging a lot, or switching the pedals on it frequently, you may have problems more often. The most likely issue I can think of is using that much cable may dull your treble a bit, but since you have a couple always on pedals acting as buffers, along with some buffered bypass pedals, you should be in good shape.