1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Premier 50 problem

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by pinball, Jan 30, 2012.

1. pinball

pinball Member

Got a Premier model 50 with some sound issues. I just replaced all the filter caps and most of the tone caps. some resistors that have drifted in values and also a good 8" speaker. Sounds pretty good until I get to 3/4 of full volume then the sound is very distorted. This not a tube breakup sound. Any ideas?

2. zenas

zenas Member

Do you have another speaker you can try it with ? Don't know if it's the speaker or the amp but that test will tell you real fast.

3. pinball

pinball Member

Yeah I did that and it is for sure the amp.

4. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

"This not a tube breakup sound"

Too little info to go on.