Premiere Guitar Rig Rundown: The Edge

Rob Morris

I saw this one already its a decent rig rundown.

Just curious does anyone know what kind of money these high profile techs make?

disconnector

It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
Silver Supporting Member
The Edge's setup is way simpler than it used to be but Im still sure that he's glad that he has a tech to help him switch things and keep it running.

The Fender Edge Deluxe is glorious BTW. It's just a tweed Deluxe with a few little tweaks but man it sounds great.

teledude55

I watched it earlier...was really amazed at the lengths they go to get every sound right...every guitar has it's own cable capacitance for the wireless... that's crazy.

I saw other vids of The Edge just at home practicing and he has his engineer running around tweaking his rack... I couldn't handle being his tech, you have to be as OCD as EDGE is.

tiktok

Supporting Member
I watched it earlier...was really amazed at the lengths they go to get every sound right...every guitar has it's own cable capacitance for the wireless... that's crazy.

I saw other vids of The Edge just at home practicing and he has his engineer running around tweaking his rack... I couldn't handle being his tech, you have to be as OCD as EDGE is.
Well, for $50k per song, or whatever Edge is taking home each night, I'd put in the extra effort.

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
Yeah but, according to J. Burst...

"I know I’ll get **** for saying this, but it’s ****ing lazy. It’s insulting to people who spent 35 years playing and learning, like a lot of players. And we continue to work at it! These guys can barely play a chord but call themselves soundscapists. Get the **** outta here! It’s ********. There’s so much masking and spin going on there. Can we get real for a minute? What do you actually play? Pick up an acoustic guitar… try that!"

I’m not even a U2 fan, but I can appreciate what the Edge does with pedals and effects.

He’s brilliant.

tibone

Hi, i'm john bollinger and here is every guitar ever made, period.
Stay tuned for the part 2, where we will show you every pedal ever made, period.

There was a lot of things unshown, there are 4 Axe-FXs there.. what are they using it for?

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
I couldn't handle being his tech, you have to be as OCD as EDGE is.
Yeah, but there are TGPers that are just as OCD about certain guitars (Fender/Gibson especially), and various amps and pedals. Some of these dudes can tell you the social security number of the dude who once was friends with somebody that worked at Fender :p

At least this tech was smart enough to get paid to be a gear geek :)

TheGuildedAge

Yeah but, according to J. Burst...

"I know I’ll get **** for saying this, but it’s ****ing lazy. It’s insulting to people who spent 35 years playing and learning, like a lot of players. And we continue to work at it! These guys can barely play a chord but call themselves soundscapists. Get the **** outta here! It’s ********. There’s so much masking and spin going on there. Can we get real for a minute? What do you actually play? Pick up an acoustic guitar… try that!"

I’m not even a U2 fan, but I can appreciate what the Edge does with pedals and effects.

He’s brilliant.
Edge can do that too.

Trending Topics