• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Prescription Electronics GERM???

jokerjkny

hey all,

just dug out this little guy that's been sitting at the bottom of my pedal pile, and good lord, what a terrific little pedal! does a nice fattened clean boost, but the "multiply" side allows you to add some nice smooth almost germanium like chunky texture, which sounds terrific w/ other OD pedals like my BB+ and my fuzzes.

does anyone have any info on this guy? i got this pedal in a trade a few years back, and the website doesnt say jack about the pedals. does anyone know if this pedal in fact is loaded w/ a germanium chip?

Slideman

This is a great pedal...works the best on pushing an amp on the verge of breakup into a fat full overdrive. I occasionally use it to push my Top Hat CR -- I think it shines with el84 type amps in general.

On the clean side, it definitely is a "more" of your sound pedal without adding any color of its own. It also stacks well with other pedals for soloing.

Mark Kane

Platinum Supporting Member
It's a germanium boost. I've had one for years, it's a keeper. The Rx Overdriver is another great one as is the Dualtone.

jokerjkny

This is a great pedal...works the best on pushing an amp on the verge of breakup into a fat full overdrive. I occasionally use it to push my Top Hat CR -- I think it shines with el84 type amps in general.

On the clean side, it definitely is a "more" of your sound pedal without adding any color of its own. It also stacks well with other pedals for soloing.
yes!

love it w/ my sommatone roaring 40. but like mark added, cause its a germanium boost, the "multiply" side does add a thickening feel to my strat's lead lines.

also, w/ my buffer at the top of the chain, i like how the germ slightly sputters at the hardest hit notes like my fuzzes! great for really digging into your lines. heck, i'll go out on a limb and say, if you like setting your fuzz to a low smooth grind, you'll love the germ's "multiply" side!

Trending Topics