Prescription Electronics GERM???

jokerjkny

hey all,

just dug out this little guy that's been sitting at the bottom of my pedal pile, and good lord, what a terrific little pedal! does a nice fattened clean boost, but the "multiply" side allows you to add some nice smooth almost germanium like chunky texture, which sounds terrific w/ other OD pedals like my BB+ and my fuzzes.

does anyone have any info on this guy? i got this pedal in a trade a few years back, and the website doesnt say jack about the pedals. does anyone know if this pedal in fact is loaded w/ a germanium chip?

Slideman

This is a great pedal...works the best on pushing an amp on the verge of breakup into a fat full overdrive. I occasionally use it to push my Top Hat CR -- I think it shines with el84 type amps in general.

On the clean side, it definitely is a "more" of your sound pedal without adding any color of its own. It also stacks well with other pedals for soloing.

Mark Kane

Platinum Supporting Member
It's a germanium boost. I've had one for years, it's a keeper. The Rx Overdriver is another great one as is the Dualtone.

jokerjkny

This is a great pedal...works the best on pushing an amp on the verge of breakup into a fat full overdrive. I occasionally use it to push my Top Hat CR -- I think it shines with el84 type amps in general.

On the clean side, it definitely is a "more" of your sound pedal without adding any color of its own. It also stacks well with other pedals for soloing.

yes!

love it w/ my sommatone roaring 40. but like mark added, cause its a germanium boost, the "multiply" side does add a thickening feel to my strat's lead lines.

also, w/ my buffer at the top of the chain, i like how the germ slightly sputters at the hardest hit notes like my fuzzes! great for really digging into your lines. heck, i'll go out on a limb and say, if you like setting your fuzz to a low smooth grind, you'll love the germ's "multiply" side!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom