Prescription Electronics: Why such a "low profile"?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JRC4558Dude, Jan 18, 2008.

1. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

Maybe some TGPers here can help me out on this one. Why does Prescription Electronics have such a low profile? What i mean is, PE is one of the first boutique builders i remember seeing back in the late 90s, along with Fulltone and Zvex. But you don't hear much from them.

Their website has barely been updated in an awfully long time. They sell direct on their site and even still list a snail mail address, but no Paypal! I can't remember the last time they put out a new product and if you scan the "Your Pedalboard Photo" thread, you don't see many PE pedals at all.

I'm just curious as to why there stuff seems kinda unpopular, yet their website has displayed the same old lineup of products for as long as I care to remember. I tried a Yardbox years ago and didn't care for it, but I've always been interested in some of their other stuff, like the Experience pedal. They must be selling to someone out there... Anyone?

2. wacopacco

wacopacco Member

i love my Rx Experience. It's on my board.

[​IMG]

all his pedals are ace. I'd love to own more, but there pretty expensive.

3. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

Well I have two of them and will not let them go, I feel if something works you keep it. My Experience pedal is not really suited to playing out as it is without led's and can be a bit over the top. I am currently enjoying the heck out of it. I have an RX overdrive that is an on an off thing for me, it is neither one thing or the other It will not go because on occasions it is the perfect fit. Again though not on a board. I would buy one of the others and almost did recently but there is so much good stuff being released that more od is not for me. All the time based stuff is just more interesting.

rob

4. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Prescription Electronics started out in the early '90s from what I remember. I have one of those original, swirly Experience pedals. I will never let it go. AWESOME! Bob Sweet used to make those early, swirly vibes for them too. Not sure why they don't get more love, but I guess they do well enough to stay in business. The Experience Pedal is the best octave up pedal ever IMHO.

5. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

2 germ prescription here, love em

also hungry and waiting either for papajohns or to fall asleep

6. Curly

Curly Member

LOVE my Yardbox ... all the controls are well tuned and effective ...

but I've wondered about this myself

7. leodiditright

leodiditright Member

Still have and play, though not very often, one of the very early Experience, in fact my 1st boutique pedal.

8. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Have a bunch of Prescription Electronics stuff, I too have wondered why not much is spoken about it here.

TheGrooveking

9. grantster

grantster Member

Just bought an experience pedal online from songbird music in toronto. Awesome pedal

Grant

10. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

they're kind of like Black Cat to me. Lots of cred from being an early botique builder, but i never see anyone have any of their pedals...

11. James

James Member

I don't have an oinion on their popularity (or lack thereof) and wouldn't know either way, but I absolutely LOVE my PE Experience and C.O.B. pedals! They're well-made, sound fantastic and are unique. :dude

James

12. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    GREAT pedals, TERRIBLE website.... fortunately, i have a local store that carries their pedals where i've tried them out.

but for those that can't try them out, the website doesn't even have soundclips (except for the Experience) to at least get a sense of what their products sound like....

13. jgyn

jgyn Member

I have the Rx Overdriver.